No more 4.10 IRS vibe.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I made a set of bushings for my differential out of UHMW and installed them Saturday. I have no vibe up to 120 mph and that was without the vibe dampener installed. If anyone is interested, I have a CAD drawing of the bushings that you can get made at a local machine shop. Total machine time is less than one hour.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
:) Glad to hear you got that taken care of. Sounds a little cheaper than a new Aluminum Drive shaft.;-)

Tim

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene.

It is a very durable plastic. It's a non corrosive and self lubricating plastic.

If you have access to a lathe and know how to operate it, those bushing are very easy to make.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Dang pimpin, you know your plastics. I made a set in less than an hour. I couldn't believe it worked. When I drove my Cobra before the bushings, as I crossed 80 mph, I would hear and feel the rump, rump, rump sound. It was a great feeling to cross 80 mph then 90 and on up till I ran out of road here in NC. For a Florida boy, there aint know flat land in western NC. It's hard to find a straight piece of road more than 100 yards.

Thanks for the help Tim.

North Florida Snake, where do you live. I lived in Cottondale north of Panama City. Do you know where that is?

Users who are viewing this thread