No final physical and still geting dd214

Fordbaby

Established Member
Hey guys, I got a question. So i got ****ed by my bas and they said they scheduled my final physical but it never happened somehow. And now the earliest i could do my final physical is 2 weeks from now. Anyways i'm easing tomorrow and according to Seps they are still going to give me my dd214 tomorrow. Now they want me to come back to base (10 hour drive each way) in 2 weeks to do my final physical. Do I have to do this even though i am getting my dd214?

clbailey

Established Member
No, once you get that page 2 of the dd214 youre done.... You will have to go through all the same crap once you start filing with the VA (I mean all the crap.. if you are going to file for disability even a tad bit you will have alota med appts). They re-imburse you for travel to and from the VA doctors.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT SEPARATE FROM SERVICE WITHOUT YOUR FINAL EXAM!!!!!

If i were you i would delay your separation date until you get your physical. You cant blame anyone but yourself because you have to take it upon yourself to schedule a final out physical.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
yeah dude, that final physical may not seem like a big deal right now, but tell that to the old sailors of yesteryear that are now battling mesothelioma. get every type of pain documented.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT SEPARATE FROM SERVICE WITHOUT YOUR FINAL EXAM!!!!!

If i were you i would delay your separation date until you get your physical. You cant blame anyone but yourself because you have to take it upon yourself to schedule a final out physical.

yeah dude, that final physical may not seem like a big deal right now, but tell that to the old sailors of yesteryear that are now battling mesothelioma. get every type of pain documented.

This. It might be 10 hours, but you need the record of saying anything is broken with you. The VA could deny you if you choose not to go to medical.

usmcrebel

Established Member
As a Disabled vet I can tell you that you need to document everything. I mean even if you think it is nothing the VA might rate it for you. By the time i was discharged due to service connected injuries My medical file went from maybe 100 pages to well over 300...everytime i scratched my marbles is in there. Guess what the VA and myself are still battling it out 18 months later. even though i have doctor upon doctor saying i am broke and going into detail about my injuries....You need to make sure you get to your appointments or reschedule them to best fit your needs. I can't stress enough how important making medical appts are!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
As a Disabled vet I can tell you that you need to document everything. I mean even if you think it is nothing the VA might rate it for you. By the time i was discharged due to service connected injuries My medical file went from maybe 100 pages to well over 300...everytime i scratched my marbles is in there. Guess what the VA and myself are still battling it out 18 months later. even though i have doctor upon doctor saying i am broke and going into detail about my injuries....You need to make sure you get to your appointments or reschedule them to best fit your needs. I can't stress enough how important making medical appts are!

^^THIS...

my wife got out after only 6 years and was medically discharged. But my time is soon approaching after 20 years....if I got a "hangnail" im getting it documented

Good Advice Rebel:beer:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
.if I got a "hangnail" im getting it documented
WUSS!!!! We all know you're a true bad ass if you never go to BAS/RAS!
Suck it up and be a real hard ass!!! :rockon:

LOL jk man, OP I hope every time you got injured you got it looked at and documented, my shit took nearly nine months for the VA to file everything.
I bet they'll find something in the future for us Vets for burning garbage and shit!

Users who are viewing this thread