No-Drill Front License Plate Bracket

04CobraOwner

Established Member
My "search" feature isn't working, so please accept my apologies if this has been covered before.

Just got a "fix-it" ticket for my front plate (or lack thereof). I plan on getting a bracket, installing it, getting the ticket taken care of, and removing it again, so I'm lookin for a "no drill", easy solution.

I know I have seen some before, but don't recall where.

If someone can recommend one for me, that would be great. Easy to install is paramount, followed by price. Overall "sturdiness" is less important, as it won't spend more than a day on the car.

Thanks!

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I made one out of aluminum straping from a local store. Then you heat and bend them into identical brakets. Drill the brackets, then mount it onto the bolts in the intercooler. Connect the plate and it is easy to take off and it doesn't permanetly affect your front bumber.

I could take a pic if you like - if I can get at the car (it is parked for the winter, covered and very close to the front of the garage.)

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Sorry, I thought I found the link but it was dead.

Here is what I created when I had to worry about a Front Plate when I lived in CA.

StealthPlateBracket4.jpg

Last edited:

sunburst six

Established Member
I've actually got some kits waiting to be shipped out right now. Here are some pics, and they're $38 shipped. Shoot me an email if you'd like one.

Inst.jpg

Ins1.jpg

Inst3.jpg

Inst2.jpg

The last pic is to illustrate the bumpers we incorporate. When it's installed, the top two nuts actually rest on those bumpers.

optx002

Established Member
hey sunburst, have you gotten any of my pms? i even tried emailing you. Id like one of your kits. And have you ever gotten around to getting them powdercoated?

sunburst six

Established Member
optx002 said:
hey sunburst, have you gotten any of my pms? i even tried emailing you. Id like one of your kits. And have you ever gotten around to getting them powdercoated?

Hey, I haven't received anything from you. :shrug: Try emailing me at [email protected]. I've actually decided to offer the kits in brushed aluminum for now, since I'm having a hard time finding a suitable oven to bake the powdercoat in. Either way, they're really nice...I'm proud of them. :thumbsup:

cobra29svt

Established Member
Black01Stang said:
I should probobly go ahead and get one myself. Sucks living in VA and having to have a front plate.

sure does!! im still not gonna drill holes in my bumper.f*ck that.when i get a ticket, ill order one of these brackets. will they work w/ a saleen front cover?

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
i just used 3 pieces of thick double sided 3m tape. its worked great for me for a few years now. and if you want to take it off for a show or something all u do is heat it up and it peals right off with no damage whatsoever

mpt_1962

Established Member
this is an old ass thread...but anybody have these kits already made still? Ready to ship?

justice

Established Member
Here is my answer

Its a 3M photo copy, "peel and stick" of my license plate applied to the bra.
I put it on when driving and remove it at shows or whatever.

Its also reflective and from 10 ft away you can not tell its not a real plate.

Never been stopped with this.

justice

IMG_8193Medium.jpg

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm getting my car back from paint here in a day or two, and you better believe I'm not drilling into my new $500 bumper. We'll see how long I can go without getting pulled for no plate (Never had any trouble in past cars), but if I get pulled something like this would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread