No crank issue

Black Sex

Established Member
The car is a 2011. Last night after work it wouldn't start. All lights came on, fuel pumps kicked on, but when I turn the key I get nothing out of starter. After 20minutes of messing with the switch in the middle of clutch pedal I got it started. Once I got home I shut the car off and it started fine, 5 times. I figured the switch was bad so I installed a new one today.
I tried to start the car using the clutch and nothing happened. If I push the switch plunger in with my finger, the car will start just fine, every time.
This just started out of blue.
Has anyone else had any similar issues? Is it possible that I've bent the clutch pedal arm?

Black Sex

Established Member
It is but it's almost like the pedal needs to push the switch plunger another 1/16-1/8". Pushing the clutch in with my hand or my foot will not start the car, but if I use my finger to push the switch it will start. It's almost like the tab that hangs off the side of the clutch pedal arm is bending backwards and not making full contact with the switch but I don't see how that could happen when the switch is plastic and so is the bracket that it snaps in to.
I'm stumped....

Snoopy49

Established Member
You may have knocked off the rubber pad on the peddle arm.

2013 GT500 Clutch Pedal Assembly 3.jpg

Clutch Interlock Switch 2.jpg

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
The rubber pad is still there and intact. I taped two washers to the pad and that was enough extra push to allow the car to start.
I'm more curious as why all of a sudden there isn't enough travel in the clutch pedal. There is no way the tab that bumper in mounted on could have gotten bend.

Users who are viewing this thread