No Brake Lights

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
On my way home today I was flagged down and this lady told me she didn't think my brake lights were working. I got home and sumbitch, she was right. Checked all fuses, changed out the switch on the pedal, checked the bulbs, even changed out the multifunction crap in the steering column since it needed to be done and I wasn't sure if it effected the brake lights. All other lights work, hazards, turn signals and such.

I noticed a few weeks ago that when I'd start the truck remotely and step on the brake, the alarm wouldn't cancel and stay running if the key was in the ignition and turned or if it wasn't it wouldn't die. I thought nothing of it, but now this and I can only assume that I haven't had brake lights for a while.

I will be taking it back to Best Buy to see what they tell me, but I really doubt they'll man up and say that it's their fault. Hopefully if they fix the brake kill-switch problem then this will get fixed as well.

I guess what I'm asking is that leaving the alarm part of it out, have I overlooked anything or is there anything else I could check that would cause me to not have any lights working? When I say none I mean not left, right, or even the 3rd up top.

Thanks in advance!

whatwhine

Established Member
on our 97 f150 we had the sensor on the master cylinder go bad.... same thing we couldnt get brake lights. i tried bulbs and switches, checked for ground throughout the body.... then we noticed the wires on this switch were turning dark colors.... it was burnt up.... just a thought... i havent noticed if the L's have that same switch or not.....

Users who are viewing this thread