No boost...sometimes

termynator

Established Member
Ok so my cobra is being weird. It's an 03 with 50k. I've had the car a year or so and it's always had the check engine and gas cap lights on..don't drive it much and just never got around to fixing it. I do smell fuel sometimes so I'm guessing the filler neck or one of the vac lines are leaking..it just started idling funny, up n down up n down..and seems like it's gonna stall when the fan kicks on. One day took it for a ride and I had no boost at all..next time I drove and it was back to normal.. Took it out again and no boost..any ideas on what I should do here?? Thanks guys

Swervedriver

Established Member
Start by getting it to run without any codes. The default LWFM table maxes load at only 1.49 iirc. Going WOT with a code that makes the car run of the LWFM table can cause some serious detonation.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
maybe you should start by helping us help you...whats setting off the CEL?

if you dont have a handheld go to any autoparts store and theyll check it for you

termynator

Established Member
Cleaned maf and iac sensor and reset computer..the car car is literally running better then ever!! It has always had a surging idle problem and every time the fans would kick on it seemed like it was going to stall..I can't believe the difference...the eaton will scream again!!

Users who are viewing this thread