no big deal but had fun beating an M3

99cruisin

Established Member
All over the world, now in Marin County, CA
yea not a great story but it was my 1st street kill ever. I wasn't even looking to race but a middle aged man in an older M3 with exhaust and who knows what else tired to pull on me.

So I'm at this stop light with car idling in neutral since i knew this would be a long light and this guy revs on me a bit, light turns green, he takes off and I quickly threw it in gear. I took it a bit past 6K in first. I was trying to pay more attention to the road since it narrows to one lane. I passed him by the time I was in the middle of 2nd and had him behind me when I hit 3rd.
It's an exciting intersection that has a median you have to swerve around and the fact that it narrows down so quick. Actually all the guys that have been to the Meinakee shop where Lupe works might know about which section of road i'm talking about.... I'll probably be made fun of for posting this but whatever. I'm knew to the Cobra world and it's a hell of a lot more fun then the V6 I previously owned not too long ago.
oh yea my car is stock except for some heavy 18X9.5 Cobra R's and flowmaster mufflers that the previous owner put on.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
99cruisin said:
yea not a great story but it was my 1st street kill ever. I wasn't even looking to race but a middle aged man in an older M3 with exhaust and who knows what else tired to pull on me.

So I'm at this stop light with car idling in neutral since i knew this would be a long light and this guy revs on me a bit, light turns green, he takes off and I quickly threw it in gear. I took it a bit past 6K in first. I was trying to pay more attention to the road since it narrows to one lane. I passed him by the time I was in the middle of 2nd and had him behind me when I hit 3rd.
It's an exciting intersection that has a median you have to swerve around and the fact that it narrows down so quick. Actually all the guys that have been to the Meinakee shop where Lupe works might know about which section of road i'm talking about.... I'll probably be made fun of for posting this but whatever. I'm knew to the Cobra world and it's a hell of a lot more fun then the V6 I previously owned not too long ago.
oh yea my car is stock except for some heavy 18X9.5 Cobra R's and flowmaster mufflers that the previous owner put on.

99<M3 :shrug:

Do you have any track numbers?

Nice kill

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Emin said:
he said older M3, they only have like 240 HP??

With the new one out, he could be refering to the 333hp model:read:

99cruisin

Established Member
All over the world, now in Marin County, CA
Riddlaontheroof said:
99<M3 :shrug:

Do you have any track numbers?

Nice kill

Looked a bit newer then 99. no sorry i don't have any track times. I guess my point was that I had fun and that's all i cared about. My clutch feels like it wants to go and it needs a good tune up so I thought I did ok...
Even if he only had 240 hp or whatever he still had a head start and I'm still learning how to drive this car more efficiently since i haven't had it long.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I pulled on a 240hp M3 from a light a few weeks ago. Soon we entered into a curvy backward S stretch of road on a four lane and he thought I wouldn't be able to hang those curves. He was none too happy with either his or his car's performance the way he took off swerving through traffic afterward when the road straightened out. I think he saw a 34 year old guy driving a Crown Vic and thought he'd impress me.

That was one of my favorite kills in the Vic...but my favorite still is the older guy who thought he'd show me up in his Volvo S60 (not the R). He pulled alongside the first light and launched hard on me. Next light, I waited for the green and pounced on it and walked him pretty bad.

warpd

Established Member
Pre 2000 M3s are a joke for 99/01s I walk past modded E36s like they were standing still and the newer ones would be a really good race. I have raced a newer red M3 with intake and exhaust from a slow roll and pulled a car on him consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread