no 05 at the chicago auto show

eddy z

Established Member
yesterday i attended the chicago auto show. it was packed as you can imagine. disappointing as ford did not have hte 05 mustang on display. they had a gt 40, new shelby cobra car, 04 mystic vert (which did look sweet), mach 1, variuos stangs.. the entertaining aspect was the fact each car had the hood release removed in each car.. too bad, as seeing the motors is theother half of the appeal..

saw the new vette. nice, but did nothing for me. the new front end looks like a viper.. they had a coupe on display..

other than that your typical show.. i did not see the pontiac booth.. no loss as i saw the new gto last year. which looks like a grand am.

i did see the new chevy SSR. nice vechicle.. very retro, but stylish i will say.

other than that, the show was super packed.. nice show over all..

Mariob01gt

Established Member
that fn'sucks.. are you serious. If that's the case I probably won't even go to the auto show now, that was one of my main reasons in attending. I had a feeling they aren't going to show it, I think there's another auto show going on at the sametime somewhere else and they are being shown there.

eddy z

Established Member
i was quite disappointed that the 05 stang was not on display as it was at the detriot show.. that was a main reason why i went to the show. to the see the 05 and some other cool stangs. i was also hoping to have seen the orange 04 cobra. no such luck.

if anyone out there is planning on seeing the 05 at the chicago show. so far the 05 is not there. maybe later in the show, the 05 will arrive. unknown..

CWCobra

Established Member
I was at the National Auto Dealers Assn convention last week in Las Vegas...Ford had the '05 'Stang on display, but it was this gosh-awful puke green v-6 plain-Jane model. Equivalent to the LX, I guess. I did not bother to take my camera out of the bag. No Cobra; no GT; no Mustang GT; no Lightning. Did have the new 500 there (looks like a bigger Taurus-big deal). None of the line up had any sizzle at all.

Guys, I'm worried about the Blue Oval. Several speakers at Vegas predicted the demise of Ford in the very near future. One said they are technically bankrupt right now. Another said that Ford's financial situation now is worse than Chrysler when Uncle Sam bailed them out back in the 80's. One speaker even went so far as to say a merger with Toyota would not surprise him (a la Daimler-Chrysler).

Later,
CW

Mariob01gt

Established Member
You sure about that... I just found this post over at bon and the guy posted pics of the 05 at the chicago auto show.

100_1365.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

sonic77

Established Member
I went over to the Chicago show yesterday and they DID have the 05 GT on display. No v6 version though. And they were opening and closing the hood, trunk, doors...

I gotta say, I wasn't much impressed with everything in the pictures of the 05 until I saw it up close. It looks A LOT better in person. The front looks much more muscular and solid than the pictures show and even the fog lights don't look too bad. I still wish they could improve the rear end though. The visible mufflers and the taillights don't look quite right. In the past three years, I've purchased 2 mustangs after seeing them at the show, but until they come out with the next cobra, I still would rather have my 03 cobra!

hj16

Established Member
Argh, why does the Mustang still have a 3' fishing rod as a antenna??? Its not that expensive to put it in the A-pillar or in the windshield. Why Ford Why!!!!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
hey someday you may need to use that antenna as a weapon. if you've ever been hit with one you know they hurt.

each iteration of the '05 has been slightly watered down from the previous. put the side scoops back on the c-pillar and give it back those giant sequential taillights!

eddy z

Established Member
figures, the day go, the 05 was not there. but the next day, it arrives onsite.. i miss it by one day. might have to go back to the show just to see the 05 and other cars again.. good show overall..

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I was there on Friday and they had the 05 Mustang.

It was on a turntable right next to the Ford GT and the Shelby Cobra. I took about a dozen pics of it. You must've missed it.

It really does look MUCH better in person. The pictures don't do it justice.

eddy z

Established Member
i did not see it when i was there sat afternoon. my friend and i combed the ford booth high and low no luck... saw everything else except the 05. oh well, i did see it last year at the show. no loss.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Well, if you saw the GT and the Cobra, then there is probably no way you would have missed the Mustang. It was on the third turntable right next to the Cobra.

I wonder where it went? Maybe they had it out for pictures.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Man...everytime I look at pics of that car ..I want I want I want!
Cant wait to see her in person at the NYC show!

Hot Rod(I need a bigger stable)Harry

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The 05 was there today [Thurs.] The only problem I had with the Shelby/GT/'05 Mustang Trilogy was that they seem stuck on silver as a color. 3 cars, 1 color.

Users who are viewing this thread