nned help with clutch adjustment

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
ok I have searched and searched and think i may have an answer. I just put in a RXT clutch. i placed the pivot ball 4mm towards the transmission. I have the firewall adjuster all the way in and the clutch releases around 2 inches of clutch travel. so at the very top. I havent driven car yet waiting on some parts for the front end. What do u guys think? is the adjuster to tight? I did not replace the cable but it looks like an adjustable one and is all the way in. so I could adjust that to allow more slack in the cable...?:shrug:

Thanks!

Dirk_Pitt

Established Member
I have the RST clutch, firewall adjuster, adjustable cable, and free-play kit (all on the car when I bought it). My cable adjuster nuts are 5/8 inch from the end of the cable. Using the firewall adjuster, with the clutch at rest, I have the throw-out bearing about an 1/8 inch away from the pressure plate fingers. With the engine running and no pressure on the clutch pedal, the throw-out bearing will come to a complete stop (you can see this with the inspection cover removed, on jack-stands, with the engine running).

This allows:

1. The pressure plate apply full clamping to the disc(s)...
2. The throw-out bearing is not constantly spinning...
3. The throw-out bearing is not constantly "loaded" by the pressure plate...
4. The clutch grabs closer to the floor...

Is this the right way??? I dunno, but I like it and it makes sense to me...

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread