NMRA coyote stock testing.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
First Coyote Stock Testing Results | NMRA

We just got word of some early Coyote Stock testing results. Joe Charles just carded a 10.95 @ 119mph at Carolina Dragway on only his second pass (and first full pass) in his Coyote Stock combination. With insiders guessing anywhere between 10.60-10.80 potential for the class, it looks like Charles is on the right track.

It’s going to be an exciting year!

Bud

Established Member
Awesome to see what these motors will do lugging around a lot less weight. Will be an interesting class to watch.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Racers are required to run FRPP Spec tune provided
by NMRA and FRPP. Random calibration check and PCM swaps can and will be performed at anytime during an event

DAMN!!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I would love to run this class with my wagon. I would have to add about 600 pounds though. LOL. I wonder what will be the hot ticket car in this class? 3200 pounds with a C-4 and a brake. A new GT would have to be lightened by around 400 pounds to get there, a Fox body coupe would be 3-400 pounds too light. LTD-LX would be spot on.....

Mike

Joe_Charles

Established Member
Check out the video of the first two passes...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhhQY2jdY8k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Coyote Stock Testing 012912 - YouTube[/nomedia]

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I would love to run this class with my wagon. I would have to add about 600 pounds though. LOL. I wonder what will be the hot ticket car in this class? 3200 pounds with a C-4 and a brake. A new GT would have to be lightened by around 400 pounds to get there, a Fox body coupe would be 3-400 pounds too light. LTD-LX would be spot on.....

Mike

Are Tranny brakes aloud?

Joe_Charles

Established Member
Thanks for posting the video. What is up with the lack of mph on the second half? Thanks...

The very next run we went 122.53. I think as I get more seat time the performance will continue to improve. Those two runs were the first two passes I have made in the car.. Ever.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
The very next run we went 122.53. I think as I get more seat time the performance will continue to improve. Those two runs were the first two passes I have made in the car.. Ever.

Sweet run for sure, especially for ur first 2 times out in the car. This is going to be an exciting class. Good luck to you.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

I don't know why you are looking for a "driver mod," you banged gears pretty damn good in that second pass. :shrug:

Mike

Joe_Charles

Established Member
I don't know why you are looking for a "driver mod," you banged gears pretty damn good in that second pass. :shrug:

Mike

I need to be able to "Speed Shift" the car without ever lifting my right foot. It's just a mental block. I also made a few other small mistakes in staging/driving teh car down track. I'm my worst critic.

:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread