NJ Guys... what tuner did you use?

robrbn

Established Member
Have a CPR kit hopefully arriving in the next month or so and trying to start figuring out where to bring the car for a dyno tune.

Right now I'm thinking I'm going to take the drive and bring the car to RevAuto and let them do their thing. Have heard nothing but great things about them.

Anyone else got some recommendations about another shop nearby?

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Have a CPR kit hopefully arriving in the next month or so and trying to start figuring out where to bring the car for a dyno tune.

Right now I'm thinking I'm going to take the drive and bring the car to RevAuto and let them do their thing. Have heard nothing but great things about them.

Anyone else got some recommendations about another shop nearby?
Well, the 2 big tuners in NJ I'd say are Kevin Hand at wicked and JDM. I have used Kevin for several projects and I will say that he's a great tuner. It will be done right. The only knock you'll hear about him is that it might take a while. He's a one man show, so he's prone to getting back logged.

Never used JDM but their reputation speaks for itself.

There may be others in NJ but those are the 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

BTW, good luck with the bud. Sounds like a beast. I have a stage 2 vmp kit in my basement waiting for install. Just have to find some time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

robrbn

Established Member
Yeah I know of Kevin Hand - have a friend with a sn95 cobra with a termi swap and 3.4 whipple and he had Kevin tune the car. Definitely took awhile... Also, I follow Wicked on Facebook and the comments made by Kevin just rub me the wrong way.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Yeah I know of Kevin Hand - have a friend with a sn95 cobra with a termi swap and 3.4 whipple and he had Kevin tune the car. Definitely took awhile... Also, I follow Wicked on Facebook and the comments made by Kevin just rub me the wrong way.
Lol yeah he can be a bit... Brash. But I can't deny his ability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

noldevin

Established Member
Another vote for Kevin. He doesn't put up with bs and it can take a little while but you know everything will be done perfectly. My car will be going to him hopefully by next month.

96gt02

Established Member
ANOTHER VOTE FOR WICKED, MAY TAKE A LITTLE LONGER AND MAY TELL YOU THINGS YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR OR BE BRIEF BUT AT LEAST YOUR CAR WILL RUN GREAT

HausCobra

Established Member
I agree KEVIN hands down awesome guy and even better tuner. Takes a personal interest in every customer and every car. Takes time to get in to him but once he has your car know it's in great hands. My 04 3.2 mammoth that I just purchased will hopefully going to him next month. Currently set up on MS 109 am lowering boost and putting 93 octane tune in it

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I wouldn't recommend Rev Auto, you want a tuner that's nearby. Rev Auto was a huge pain in the ass to get a hold of so can't recommend them because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread