NJ guys: Anyone have trouble passing emissions?

IcE

Established Member
Planning on running Mac LT's with an O/R pro chamber, but was just wondering how strict NJ is. Do they just check the computer or do the sniffer test too?

Common

Established Member
I have high flow cats with magnaflow exhaust, intake all that other bs and just passed last Decemeber.

Oh and you dont need a front plate to pass inspection anymore. Even the tech there didnt know about this one yet, MAKE sure you tell him if he gives you crap for not having one.

ViciousJay

Established Member
they shouldnt but we all know Jersey guys have trouble passing the HEDRO test :lol1:

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Thanks for the info Common

Np and fyi, they did not plug it in the computer in my car, just the sniffer

On the other hand, guy was pretty pissed at me for showing him off with the front plate argument we had. He just wanted me out of there asap.

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
Oh and you dont need a front plate to pass inspection anymore. Even the tech there didnt know about this one yet, MAKE sure you tell him if he gives you crap for not having one.

When did that change? Is it just for inspection OR can a cop still pull you over??? When I had mine done last time, they told me as long as I had it in my possession at time of inspection (not necessarily mounted) it would pass HOWEVER they still said I needed to get it mounted next chance I get (yeah, right....)

Common

Established Member
When did that change? Is it just for inspection OR can a cop still pull you over??? When I had mine done last time, they told me as long as I had it in my possession at time of inspection (not necessarily mounted) it would pass HOWEVER they still said I needed to get it mounted next chance I get (yeah, right....)

You will still get a ticket if you dont have one on your car.

Go figure..........

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Many privately licensed inspection centers tend to over look checking the underside. At least that was my experience when I lived there.

True, but those moblie inspection stations will get you. They set one up in my town periodically.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Many privately licensed inspection centers tend to over look checking the underside. At least that was my experience when I lived there.

lot more strict lately given that a bunch of private stations have gotten busted for letting stuff slide.

Plus its not very difficult to tell when a car doesn't have cats. Its a pretty distinct difference in smell.

Users who are viewing this thread