NJ GUYS a little help please

carnut726

Established Member
Anyone out there have their rear O2 sensors turned off and pass NJ inspection. Can the code reader they use see they are off and read its not ready or will they see nothing. PLEASE HELP!!! I need to go through inspection!!!!!!!!! If they can i could use some direction on how to get through any way i can. I have basani catted X and still throwing p0420 and p0430 codes.
thanks in advance,
Matt

NJstang

Established Member
i had a catted pypes x and my car threw codes too, turned em off with my xcal3 and went right thru inspection

carnut726

Established Member
nice, thanks njstang.... i need to do that then. I already failed for rear tires (no tread for some reason LOL) and the system read NOT READY, becuzz a friend cleared the codes for me right before i went through. If anyone had any problems going through please let me know. I need to call up lethal and get this done.

carnut726

Established Member
I already have Mils, splice in style. maybe i should also get the plug in ones, with 2 sets maybe it will stop with the codes.

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
i asked the same thing, my 04 cobra i just got had no cats, but all 4 o2s but turned off in the tune.

i finally just got bullet cats re welded into the bassani x pipe , of course now i dont like the sound nearly as much but still dont know if it would pass the o2 part of the inspection with codes..

the car has no engine lights though since theyre disabled.

rickm8

Banned
If you're still looking, shoot me a PM.

We take ours to a shop out west a little bit to get it 'inspected'...

I can give you their name and number...

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
im surprised everyone on this site doesnt have a guy that "inspects" their cars already.

$100, 2 year sticker.. no questions asked. works great :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread