NJ Collector Registration

bestbuy654

J-E-T-S
Established Member
Anyone register their car as a collector in nj. Insurance on 6 cars is killing me so I was thinking of going with the collector reg. because I barely drive my cobra, so I might as well. Anyone have any info on what to do?

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I have it for my 93 Cobra. One thing I do remember is that it has to be a limited prduction car. Mine is one of 4993 Cobra. With my insurance it must be garaged and I cant drive it more than 3000 miles per year. Like that will happen.I do have a triangle inspection sticker but I forget what it says on it. I'll check later if I remember

Andrew97Cobra

Established Member
You won't be able to get QQ plates/registration until the car is 25 years or older. However, that should have nothing to do with being able to get collector car insurance on a limited production car. I've had collector car insurance on my '97 Cobra for about 7 years now and I have regular plates. The triangle inspection sticker is for collector cars that are not driven a lot and they do not have to go through inspection. This is something that you have to apply for through the DMV and if approved, you are in the system as a collector car until you no longer meet the criteria such as exceeding the allowed miles driven in a 2 year period.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
yep, you just have to prove to the DMV that it is a limited edition car, the SVT certificate should be enough... my friend got his 03 marauder registered as a collector car with an official letter from the admin of mm.net

Users who are viewing this thread