NJ Car Dealers are INSANE

Chris08078

Established Member
Hello,

Been looking around for some time now for a GT500 and was thinking about a 2010 model year. From dealers here in Southern New Jersey seems to be an almost impossible task.

Had a dealership call me ( wont mention them ) But there selling these at insane prices. Nothing under MSRP. 51K plus 10K markup they called a speciality due too the car being a "Special" vehicle.

They told me they could work on the 10K but nothing under 58K for the vehicle. I almost laughed at the guy while walking out.

Ive looked elsewhere and they dont seem that much. Is it just here in NJ or is it me? Maybe ill look for a 07-09 or a Terminator.

There Crazy.
Sorry Just a vent........lol:shrug:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I feel your pain!
The dealers around here think they are sitting on goldmines.

Chris08078

Established Member
WP64....Was thinking of the 2011 but the dealer wants a 5K dollar NON refundable deposit. And i was told it would be around the same pricing. And they didnt know when they would get any of them. But when i heard NON REFUNDABLE......maybe its just me but i didnt like that. They said because the car was so special they do that.....once again i was in tears with laughter.....as i was walking out. I dont like the 2010 that much or the 2011 for that matter. Dealers here on the east coast like GOTSVT said think there sitting on goldmines or there own personnal retirement plans. But yet they sit and sit and they wont budge.

Quess ill be having to do a road trip in the near future for a car. Because buying one here in the Northeast area is worthless. Atleast here in South Jersey.

Chris08078

Established Member
Dave London....Doesnt surprise me.....the guy was a jerk. It was at HOLMAN Ford in Maple Shade. Telling me how every dealer will have that 10k over MSRP price tag for the GT500. I told him good luck in selling it. I tell ya these dealers here in this state. I dont think some guys realize this when looking for these cars what guys here run in too......lol. Like i said i may have too do a road trip to get one. Even though im sure there are guys in other places where there are jerks like this as well so.....

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Dave London....Doesnt surprise me.....the guy was a jerk. It was at HOLMAN Ford in Maple Shade. Telling me how every dealer will have that 10k over MSRP price tag for the GT500. I told him good luck in selling it. I tell ya these dealers here in this state. I dont think some guys realize this when looking for these cars what guys here run in too......lol. Like i said i may have too do a road trip to get one. Even though im sure there are guys in other places where there are jerks like this as well so.....

Call Sayville Ford on L.I. Ask for Jack Frost. That'll be worth the hour + ride
for you:beer: Tell him your friend at The Management Company referred you;-)

mullens

Established Member
WP64....Was thinking of the 2011 but the dealer wants a 5K dollar NON refundable deposit. And i was told it would be around the same pricing. And they didnt know when they would get any of them. But when i heard NON REFUNDABLE......maybe its just me but i didnt like that. They said because the car was so special they do that.....once again i was in tears with laughter.....as i was walking out. I dont like the 2010 that much or the 2011 for that matter. Dealers here on the east coast like GOTSVT said think there sitting on goldmines or there own personnal retirement plans. But yet they sit and sit and they wont budge.

Quess ill be having to do a road trip in the near future for a car. Because buying one here in the Northeast area is worthless. Atleast here in South Jersey.
10k over? 5k non-refundable?? This guy can't be serious or he's smoking some good stuff. Do an internet deal for invoice or a little above, take a flight out and a nice drive home in your new GT500.

slowassgt

Established Member
i work for holman for turnersville and we just had one like a month or two ago it was grabber blue it had a 10 grand markup but i think they would work with you on it. i think they sold it or dealer traded to another dealer because it just sat there for a couple months

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
F that deal..dude I paid under invoice for an 09 and could have bought a 2010 for 1500.00 over invoice..had it not been too hight...but, that is crazy. I know a guy at dealership in Florida that will locate and make the deal for you....and they are deals. PM if you want the info.

He found me my car..and I got a helluva a deal....

weatherman

Established Member
I feel your pain!
The dealers around here think they are sitting on goldmines.

We sold an 07 gt500 for $35k-37k and we didn't mark up our gt500(we ended up swapping it to another dealer) a couple other salesman have tried swapping in gt500's and other dealers just won't give them up.

to the OP-I looked at ford's dealer locater and there are some new 09 gt500's left, id be willing to bet dealers would love to loose one of those...

Last edited:

acobra03

Established Member
If you're buying new, then get a 2011 and be patient, you'll find the right deal.

Good luck.
+1...I waited until just before the 10's came out and got 7k off of msrp, no market adjustment. Patience my friend.

Chris08078

Established Member
SlowASSGT ...I went to Holman in Turnersville and they said they would only take 2k off the 10k dealer mark up. So invoice plus 8k. And i walked out. Ill keep looking...I think mostly for an 2009. There are some here but some with high mileage and they still want alot. Even for 2007's. There is a dealer near here with a 2007 with 10k miles on it and they want 39,989 for it. I think thats crazy...Maybe thats me but for an 07? I just think alot of the dealers here even with when the 2011's when they get closer to comming out will still want top dollar atleast in this area. Other places i see great deals....like Texas and Florida and But not here......lol.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Curious what the 2010 pricing will be like once the 2011s hit. Seems like the 2010s may get overlooked with all the 2011 upgrades.

1Bad500

Established Member
Chris08078
I know of a dealer out of state that has 3 2010 that is selling at sticker. There are several dealers around the country that still have inventory of 2009. It would be cheaper to locate one in another state and then ship or drive it back. Let me know if I can help.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread