• Sumitomo

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ratfinkron

Established Member
I personally have run several sets of Summitomo's and had nothing but good luck from them with quiet ride and good wet traction and decent dry traction but they are not drag radials so I dont expect to hook like that. I currently am running BFG KDW 295/35/18 rear and BFG sport 275/35/18 I would prefer 265/35 up front as it looks better IMHO. Both tires you mentioned are good but I would at least do 295 rear.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Get those for the rears. You'll see around 10k miles or more. Very sticky street tire, great wet traction as well

I read that they didnt last to long and were really soft like the MTs. I run the nitto 555DR out back and the 555 up front and love them. i also had the sumitomo and hated them. i had better luck with my 245 then the 315 sumitomos.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I have sumitomo's on the rear now. You can't beat $200 for both mounted and balanced. I put these on temporarily because I plan on getting larger rims. I just can't make up my mind on which rims I want. They ride good and are very quiet. They aren't the best for traction tho.

Jefe

Established Member
does it make a difference running 2 different tires front/back?
Ive been doing it for over a year and a half and yes it does. You dont have to buy front tires near as often as the rears. Id say 80% of Cobra owners do this. No point in having a sticky front tire for a street car
I read that they didnt last to long and were really soft like the MTs. I run the nitto 555DR out back and the 555 up front and love them. i also had the sumitomo and hated them. i had better luck with my 245 then the 315 sumitomos.
They last just as long if not longer than 555R's. They are a street tire according to Nitto with a tread rating. The NT05's beat the 555R's in wet traction so its a no brainer in my mind. I think Nitto should discontinue the 555R

GT00STANG17

Established Member
I have sumitomo's on my GT and they are horrible traction wise i can't hook for anything on the street but other than that they are decent tires

ECUSVT31

Established Member
305 or 315 on the rears (depending what tire you go with). and ive had both summis and nittos. go nitto. and go with the 555r or the NT05 on the rear.

veddersbetter

Established Member
I have NT05 Nitto 315's on my Cobra now.. really love them. I had Vredestein on my Formula.. good tire but they run NARROW. 295's were no wider than 275 of 2 different brand tires I had in my garage.

Users who are viewing this thread