• BFGoodrich Drag radial

Votes: 44 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

03DOHC

Established Member
Before that question can be answered you have to answer another question. Better at what?

mineral03

Established Member
I havent had any personal experience with either, but i know plenty of people that do. The BFg's hook good, but dont last at all... a few thousand miles, and theyre done. Nitto's also seem to hook well, but last far longer... i remember one friend got almost 10k miles out of a set of nittos...im going for the nittos when i do get DR's..

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I LOOOOOVE my Nitto 555R 315's. I've used the BFGs on my '03 and IMO they just sucked. My slightly used Nitto's got me consistant 1.9s and 1.8 go fts today with a best of 1.861. And for those who always want to know how a 315 looks :

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yea, if heated properly, the BFG's should generally get you better launches at the track. But, have seen a couple of fellas that could get sub 1.7's with Nitto's. Not me!!.....Yet.....

Had my Nittos on for 12,000 miles now and they have plenty left. Done 11 passes at the track and a couple burnouts here and there........

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Wow, this is only the eleventy-second poll on what DR's are the best. :nonono:

TexasSVT

Established Member
no experience with the BFG's, but I got over 10kmiles out of my 555r's and they hook good enough to lift a tire just a sliver off the ground. Love the 555r's

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
I like the NIttos also because of longevity. You're i luck too, theres a set dor sale in the Market section.
Whatever you end up getting be very carefull in wet weather.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Matt03, Have you got your answer yet? I will be closing this soon unless you are still trying to figure it out.

Thanks,

Jeff

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
HISSMAN said:
Matt03, Have you got your answer yet? I will be closing this soon unless you are still trying to figure it out.
Jeff, I don't understand why you would close this thread......Granted it's the thousandth time it's been discussed, but if guys are posting with worthwhile information/opinions and getting something out of it, there's no justifiable reason to close it........ What's the forum for?

WDW MKR

Established Member
SoCalBlk03 said:
I LOOOOOVE my Nitto 555R 315's. I've used the BFGs on my '03 and IMO they just sucked. My slightly used Nitto's got me consistant 1.9s and 1.8 go fts today with a best of 1.861. And for those who always want to know how a 315 looks :

I cut that 60' with stock Goodyear Eagle F1s, and couldn't match it with my Nittos. Some people have had good luck with them, but I've found that BFGs are much better at the track and much more consistent. The Nittos seem to need almost perfect track prep. If you're going to drive a lot, the Nittos can be more friendly in adverse weather conditions.

stangfreak

Established Member
you can tell just by the bfgs that they are better. i have the bfgs and they are so soft and hook like a motha. much softer than the nittos. in this cold new york weather, i went from a dig and ya know what? my car DOES NOT HOP A BIT. NOTHING.

btw, why would you close this thread?

fubu795

Banned
I've ran nittos on the street for almost 8k miles, plus about 20 track runs with alot of burnouts. They do last a long time. However, once I pullied the car, 1st and 2nd gear became just about useless, even with the nittos outback.

I pulled many low 1.7x's at the track, when heated well, they do grip. I'd recommed the BFG's for the street, even though they don't last long, they will grip great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread