Nitto nt05 ?

nocobrafornow

Established Member
hey guys i have used the 555r onn several of my car including my 11 gt, i am soon installing a tvs blower and need a new DR. i am set on running a 305/45/18 on the street and the track. does anyone have experience between the 2 and which hooks best. i am also considering the mickey thompson version. the car is not a dd so thats not an issue. thanks David

JerryC

Established Member
I'm running 305-35-18 MT ET SRII's.
Got about 7k on them (I drive easy most of the time). They hook good on the street and just dead hook at the track. At the track I had 28psi in them with no problem hooking up.

I drive the car like it has regular tires, no special consideration that they are DR's. Now that they are getting to the end of their life I do have to be careful in the rain, but I would be doing the same on my old Nitto 555's.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I was wondering the same too. I was looking to get DR's this coming spring and my car is not a DD but will I get atleast 3-5k out of the mickeys? I try to avoid rain but I dont want to have to be on my toes if I get caught in it

JerryC

Established Member
I was wondering the same too. I was looking to get DR's this coming spring and my car is not a DD but will I get atleast 3-5k out of the mickeys? I try to avoid rain but I dont want to have to be on my toes if I get caught in it

If you keep them aired up properly and don't spin them all of the time they will last.

When mine were new they actually gripped better than my 555's did in the rain. They will hydroplane worse because the tread depth is shallower.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
Nice to finally see some running the size I've been looking at (305/35r18) and sounds like these will be what I'll run since they work well at thr the track.

Users who are viewing this thread