Nitto Invo's Suck...

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Just slapped on a pair of 295/35/18's. If you have any amount of torque in your car, dont get these. Unless you just like to spin..First and second gear are hopeless and third is kinda sorta useful. They are a nice street tire, but not if you like to drop a gear and hammer on it everyonce in a while. I do have to say that atleast they don't cause any wheel hop when they spin. Not saying all this to bash the tire, but to maybe help someones decision on comparing tires.

Cobra Kai Dojo

Finish him!
Established Member
that's disappointing to hear. i wanted to try invos next.

you do realize brand new tires are slippery for at least couple of hundred miles, right? hopefully they get "better" after you break them in.

cobracrazee

Established Member
i like toyo 888's for daily driving or Mickey Thompson track and daily not so good in the rain though

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
They hook better than the KDW-2's I had prior......to each their own I guess.

Ratchet

Established Member
I have them. 305/30/19's out back. They hook better than falkens and Michelin PS tires i have had on in the past. And in the 4 passes I did at the track with them 3 were under 2.0 60'. With a best of 1.85. They are also pretty quiet and corner well. Which is what my car is set up for, corning, not 1320. I like em, and will be buying another set when I wear these out. :beer:

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Seeing the Invo's tread to ground contact patch (ie huge sipes) I fully expect little traction. There's a reason why slicks have zero sipes and drag radials very little. I have Invo's on the front and they are great.

1hot281

Established Member
Invo's are, in Nitto's definition, a Luxury Sport Ultra High Performance Radial... Designed around dry and wet weather performance, high speed comfort, low road noise, stability, and handling grip... I wouldn't expect them to perform like a drag radial.

[youtube_browser]cwKHuYJtS7c[/youtube_browser]

If you want Nitto's that hook, get a pair of NT05R

Redfire03

Established Member
Most people don't realize that the INVO is available in 2 different treadwears, 260 and 220.

The size you got only comes in a 260 treadwear... That isn't going to give very good traction for any horsepower. Again like others have posted though, the INVO isnt a "performance" tire, it is a compromise between, tread life, traction, and drivability.

greenflash00

Established Member
I have the same size as the OP and I like mine fine. I obviously can't hook 1st but I can hook second all the way through if it's not cold out and I don't drop the clutch out hard. They need to be warm though, if the tires are cold it takes very little to break them loose.

They seem to grip a bit better now than when I first put them on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread