NITTO INVO review!

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
I got them mounted today and drove about 50miles to get the waxy stuff off of them from the mold (be VERY careful with these when you first get them on due to that wax shit). To set the conditions for you...60* Sunny with a 10-15mph wind...road conditions: somewhat newly paved black top/asphalt road with some dust and dirt on it (I live in the dessert) and it was a CLOSED road. I'm comparing these to all of the 275/35-18 tires I've ran which include GS-D3(ones I just took off), Falken 452, Kumo Ecasta Supra, Yokohama ES100, and Kumo MX. Tire's where inflated to 40PSI when testing, since then I dropped it to 37psi but I haven't noticed a difference. Strait line traction is amazing, I launched at 3,500rpm and only got a chirp...slammed 2nd and only got a chirp...hit 3rd and nothing but traction (all the other tires I've had broke traction in 3rd as well). Cornering was fantastic, a little more side to side play than the GS-D3's but still very stable...holding at 60mph I did a "slalom" (didn't have any cones obviously) but turned sharp and hard each time...these tires wouldn't break loose, I was holding on for dear life inside the car with as many G's I was able to put into it...they had VERY predictable cornering characteristics and you could feel them begging to slip, but they never broke loose, just squealed a lot. Braking was the same as with the GS-D3's, simply put it hauls ass down from 110 to 40 VERY quickly! Road noise and comfort was outstanding! Seriously the BEST I've driven for a Ultra High Performance tire like this.

So on a scale of 1-10 (remember this is for street tires not racing or drag radials), 1 being the worst and 10 being the best here's my numbers:
Strait line traction 10
Cornering 8.5
Braking 10
Noise and Comfort 10!!!
Wet traction...coming soon!

Hot damn these are some nice tires!!!:dancenana:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Great review 97V8SHO! Thank you very much for sharing! Another nice feature of the Invo is it's asymmetric tread design. This tread pattern can be rotated from side to side which helps with wear!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dunno about that...the tire most definitely reads "inner" on one side and "outer" on the other sidewall. So in a sense these are "directional"...so they must stay on one side of the car. Now the tread on the other hand isn't "directional" in the sense that it has blocks and no "arrow" pattern that makes up the tread. If you get on Nitto's web site all the INVO tire's are mounted properly according to the sidewalls. Also, other pictures on the web indicate this as well. It's very misleading and confusing, but I understand how they say that they aren't directional tires. But for rotating purposes they should be treated as such.

These tires are asymmetrical nondirectional. They are not left and right designated. If you go to the rear of your vehicle and look at the tires, on one side you will see lateral grooves going towards the front of the vehicle. On the opposite side you will see lateral grooves going towards the back of the vehicle. These tires can certainly be rotated from side to side without being dismounted :rockon: You are right about the inner and outer designations. The tire can only be mounted one way (outside facing out). Think about it, when you rotate the tires, it will always show the outside designation of the tire.

Last edited:

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
Alright finally got some heavy rain the other day and got a chance to test em out. At this point I have around 3K miles on them and they still look new.

They definitely surprised me, I did another slalom on the same road I originally tested em on and they stuck very nicely to the road with a very predictable break away point. Never had a single problem with hydroplane or even a hint of it a highway speeds (80mph around here). I even tried to launch it lol, it did what any tire would do and broke loose, but it did plant a decent amount of power down and stopped spinning quickly.

So in closing, they definitely get a 10 out of 10.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
These tires are asymmetrical nondirectional. They are not left and right designated. If you go to the rear of your vehicle and look at the tires, on one side you will see lateral grooves going towards the front of the vehicle. On the opposite side you will see lateral grooves going towards the back of the vehicle. These tires can certainly be rotated from side to side without being dismounted :rockon: You are right about the inner and outer designations. The tire can only be mounted one way (outside facing out). Think about it, when you rotate the tires, it will always show the outside designation of the tire.

I guess UR THE MAN with the answer to my question up above...Prob answered it a million times...make it a million 1...Thanks man :rockon:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
sweet...will 315's fit a stock 03 cobra rim guys????

I guess UR THE MAN with the answer to my question up above...Prob answered it a million times...make it a million 1...Thanks man :rockon:

We're here to help :thumbsup:

The approved rim width range for this size is 10.5" to 12.5" with 11" being the most ideal. Guys will run this size on the OE wheels but since the stock wheels are only 9" wide, we do not recommended it. Tires are designed to flex in certain areas of the shoulder, when you pinch or stretch a tire on a wheel that is too narrow or too wide you force the tire to flex in areas where it is not deigned to do so. This makes the tire generate more heat and heat (a tires worst enemy) breaks the tire down faster which can result in shorter life and higher chance for failure. Also every major brand tire is covered by a manufacturer's warranty for workmanship and material defect. This warranty is void if the tire is mounted on a wheel outside the tire manufacturer’s recommendations.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
We're here to help :thumbsup:

The approved rim width range for this size is 10.5" to 12.5" with 11" being the most ideal. Guys will run this size on the OE wheels but since the stock wheels are only 9" wide, we do not recommended it. Tires are designed to flex in certain areas of the shoulder, when you pinch or stretch a tire on a wheel that is too narrow or too wide you force the tire to flex in areas where it is not deigned to do so. This makes the tire generate more heat and heat (a tires worst enemy) breaks the tire down faster which can result in shorter life and higher chance for failure. Also every major brand tire is covered by a manufacturer's warranty for workmanship and material defect. This warranty is void if the tire is mounted on a wheel outside the tire manufacturer’s recommendations.

just my luck. I love the stock rims... So i need 10.5s... time to shop. Any recommendations?

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Oh and sorry for the thread jack but I hear nothing but damn good things about these...im excited

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
It's cool man, I got my buddy to buy a set from DTD last month because I'm constantly praising them. He loves them just as much as I do and can't stop talking about em either lol.

For your wheels, check out Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle they have great deals on 03 style wheels. They have them in 17x10.5 regular or deep dished. If you PM the AM sponsor on here he will send you a promo code for I think 10% off.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
just my luck. I love the stock rims... So i need 10.5s... time to shop. Any recommendations?

Oh and sorry for the thread jack but I hear nothing but damn good things about these...im excited

I would be happy to recommend some wheels for you. Real quick though, the INvo is not produced in the 315/35-17 size. I'm not sure if that changes things for you or not but I figured I would let you know so there is no confusion.

In regards to the wheels, we can set you up with the Cobra R, FR500 or the Bullet Mustang. Unfortunately we do not carry the 03 Cobra wheel in the 17x10.5" size. If any of these wheels interest you send me a PM with your contact info so we can discuss your options.

It's cool man, I got my buddy to buy a set from DTD last month because I'm constantly praising them. He loves them just as much as I do and can't stop talking about em either lol.

For your wheels, check out Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle they have great deals on 03 style wheels. They have them in 17x10.5 regular or deep dished. If you PM the AM sponsor on here he will send you a promo code for I think 10% off.

Thank you for your continued support :rockon:

Agent Jones

Established Member
i have 295/35/20 rears and 255/35/20 front Invos and they are awesome

Dry traction 10/10
Wet Traction 8/10
Straight line 9/10
Cornering 10/10
Wear time 7/10

Awesome tires....especially for the price got them for 600 mounted and balanced!

99snakeIA

Established Member
tires

so i have fr500 18x9 18x10. i love the reviews of this tire and would like to stick some meat on my car, 99 snake. am lookin for 275's somethin for the fronts and 295+ for the rears, and recomendations??

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

snakecharmer

Established Member
I can give these tires a huge thumbs up as well. I recently replaced the Crapyear runflats (WORST tire on the planet IMO) on my Z06 with this tire. TOTALLY different car.

Harsh ride? - Gone

Following every rut and grove in the road? - Gone.

TIRE NOISE SO LOUD YOU CAN'T HEAR THE RADIO? - Yep, gone gone gone.

Handling is better, traction is better...there isn't anything to dislike about this tire, and they are MUCH cheaper than the POS Goodyears that came on it ($314 each for the rears vs $434 for the Crapyears).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread