Nitto DR's and handling?

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Since a lot of you guys are running the DR's, I figured I'd ask here. I'm going to be getting some 305/45R18 555R's for the rear with 295/45R18 555's up front and I'm just wondering how the DR's handle? Right now I'm running BFG KDWS's on the my stock 17" rims and the handling is awesome with the Hotchkis suspension. Just wondering how much of that I'm going to give up for the traction I'll gain. Thanks.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
The ones you are putting on the front are for road racing. The back are for Drag. Given you wrote them correctly leads me to believe you already know this. I wouldn't try to gas it around a corner really hard but I'll think they will be ok. Most of the weight will be on the front anyway. JMHO.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Yup, just getting the fronts for a semi matching tread pattern. The rears are my main concern, cause I have zero traction on the street, but I guess that'll happen in a 400rwhp truck :burnout:

How do they handle say taking a highway curve at decent speed? I know they're not gonna handle like my BFG's, but I like to drive the truck pretty hard.

Risilrac

Established Member
That was the main reason why I stuck with the Extreme 555's instead of getting the Dr's b/c I was worried about handling on the street...I didn't want to be all over the place with the DR's. In retrospect...I should have gone with the DR's out back b/c I have absolutely no straight line traction with the Extreme 555's anyway :shrug:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Yeah I saw your other thread droptopvenom. I'm gonna go with the DR's and I'll just have to relearn the handling limits. If I want to go autocross or anything like that I can just put my BFG's back on :)

Users who are viewing this thread