Nitto 555RII!

2002Z06yellow

Established Member
Even though i have a Z06 i thought many would be interested in tires reviews.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i finally put on the set, 275s in the front 305 in the back. Here are my impressions.

Fit: They dont fit as good as the Stock tires, but they certainly fit very well. I know that 305 is the widest i will go in the back becuase anythign after that on the stock rim width will look goofy.

Traction: I havent tried the 555Rs in their 18 series, but i tried the 275 17 that fits F bodies. Traction is excellent.

1) From a standing start i could almost dump the the cluts at 2300 RPM and get a slight chirp while the car moves forward and just before the car gets in that 'optimum' rpm where it hooks and starts pulling like a monster. This 2300 launch which might seem not so impressive is in actuallity very impressive. The rpms never drop the car moves very quickly and pulls out of the hole very strongly.

2) From a low rpm roll(around 10 mph) the car still feels sluggish(thats how it felt with the stock tires) but the new thing is that when the rpms start to climb the car doesnt go in spin crazy mode. on the contrary the car maintains its power and plants it to the ground like a mofo.

3) from a mid first gear roll, the car doesnt hesitate, it just goes. i noticed i was much quicker with those tires. I feel i am seeing mph much earlier than i used to.

Handling: Those tires are what our cars should have came with stock if handling was a priority. The tires are just fantastic. Dont get me wrong, dont think you will get AWD traction on the twsites, but especially on high speed turns you will feel much more comfortable and you will have much better exit speed and an earlier 'floor it' time when in the turn itself. The tires behave like street tires with extra grip sideways if you know what i mean.

Rain: havent been through a storm yet, but i am anxisouly waiting to see whats going to happen when i do.

Looks: the tread patter on the nittos is not what you would necessarily call appealing, but it certainly is not a deteriotain factor in the car looks. The tires are wide they have some sort of sportish patters. I like how they look!

i am open to questions or experiments

Users who are viewing this thread