Nitto 555R on stock wheel.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Hi guys.
I know I've asked this question before, but I keep getting conflicting reports. I want to run 315 Nitto 555R in the rear on the stock wheels. A lot of you said it should work with no problems. I've read several threads since saying it wasn't a good idea.

Can anyone confirm of it really is ok to run this config? Sorry to be a bother.

Bruce

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
It will be fine as long as you order the 555R (Drag Radials). Nitto DRs run skinny so 315 on the stock rims will be fine. Do not put a regular 315 on there.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Doesn't matter. I checked a couple places and they wont install them because of a note stating that the fenderwell will need modification.

I went with the 285 DS-G3's for now to just avoid any further delay.

NWUCIT

Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Doesn't matter. I checked a couple places and they wont install them because of a note stating that the fenderwell will need modification.

I went with the 285 DS-G3's for now to just avoid any further delay.

Did you install the 285's on stock rims?...I got a pair today and they look HUGE compared to the stock 275's...about 2" wider by my measurements...isn't that a big difference in just one size up?

Brad

Banned
The 315 will fit fine on the stock wheel, but you really need the 10.5 wheel to get all that rubber to the ground. Putting the 315 on the 9.5" wheel does not get the tires full potential to the ground. So if this is the case, why not just go with a 295?

Brucealeg

Established Member
<< Did you install the 285's on stock rims >>

Yea, they are going on the stock rims. I heard the GS 285 and Nitto 315 are about the same size. For some reason shops are spooked to put the 315 on. Since this is a daily driver the GS-D3 will probably be the better bet.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The Nitto 315's appear to run smaller than other DR's. Had mine on for 9,000 miles and they fit and perform very well on stock wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread