Nitto 315 DR's - what kind of mileage

Fleck 5

Established Member
For those of you who have Nitto 315 DR's on the back of your Cobra - what kind of mileage are you getting out of them. I am considering them for my daily driver Cobra but don't want to replace them every 5,000 miles.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i've got ~9k miles on them, but about 6.5k were from my GT. they have approximately 50-60% of tread left. i never drove the cobra with the stock F1's so i couldn't compare them for you but i do know that the back end feels planted and that is good when you have over 400rwhp

maddrabitt

Established Member
ive got around 10k on mine. had them on since the end of january. plenty of life still in them but i dont go burning out all that often

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
My first set lasted ~8-9k miles which is great considering the stock F1s lasted 6k. The first half lasted for a long time, but the second half went quick.

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
dpnt you guys have traction problems in rain? what about cornering?

could the nittos be used for a daily driver?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
mine is daily driven and they are absolutely perfect, but i don't go out in the rain and if i get caught in a storm i just pull over and wait it out.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I wouldnt plan on driving in the rain at all with them even when brand new, had the 555XT street tires on mine and the backs were worn down to about 5/32 of a inch and got cautgh in the rain on the interstate it was so scarry I crashed whitout crashing probly 10 times in 100 or so miles, in the rain the wider the tire the easier it will hydroplane, that was the scariest drive of my life.

I was slowed down to like 35mph and still hydroplaning.
The 555R's have 6/32" of tread when brand new, so just be careful and dont try thme in the rain.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Just replaced mine this weekend. 9000 miles out of the last set. $370 deliverd by discount tire direct and $27 balanced and installed at Allied Tires=$400 for rear tires about once a year for me. Worth the money in my opinion if you want traction under WOT. I think the 315 Nitto drag radial is the best tire you can get for a stock 17X9 inch rear wheel.

a94cobra

Established Member
I got about 8k on a set of 315's and they still look ok. I don't go burning out at every light. I got right at 10k on the f1's. And they were pretty much flat. I daily drove the Nittos. Never drove in a heavy rain though. They stuck to the pavement much better than the f1's. I still have them on my other car.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
If you hear stories about only getting 5000 to 9000 miles out of of their tires then its because those people are out burning the tires out every single time they are behind the wheel. The 315's should be able to last anywhere from 20 to 25K otherwise if not a little more. I know because I have been there and done that.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I just took mine off, been to track one time with them. Had a chance to get some ET streets cheap. I'll sell ya mine. They have two track runs on them, burnouts were moderate, about 5 seconds each. 315 35 17's. 225.00 plus shipping. 301-748-7038

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Cobra_Poison
dpnt you guys have traction problems in rain? what about cornering?

could the nittos be used for a daily driver?

I daily drive my car and haven't had any problems in the rain and I am in South Florida. If there is a lot of standing water you need to slow down to an appropriate rate, but no different then any other tire IMO. If you think you are going to do 80 mph on the highway in a rainstorm don't get them, but if you do 55-60mph you shouldn't have a problem. I actually run 555RII 275 in the front which is basically the same tire with a stiffer sidewall and better heat characteristics for open track use.

cobra101

Established Member
I had two sets. I got 8k on the first set and a tad over 6k on the second set. I change to nitto 555 streets. So far so good. I am looking for at least double mileage than the drags. They do break loose (if conidtions aren't superb) a bit in first with my power level. The nitto drags did NOT break loose for shit. I never turned my traction control off once and it never had to engage through two sets of nitto drags.

I'll keep you posted about the tread life of my nitto 555 streets.

Users who are viewing this thread