Nitto 255R's. How do they handle??

junioRace

Established Member
Gotta order a couple of tires for the truck like REAL SOON. Leaning heavily to the Nitto 255R. These will be going on the rear, with my F1's (have about 5,000 miles on them) going up front.

Question? I know they are heavily favored here for getting the power to the ground, but how do they handle in cornering, braking? Not looking for a tire to x-cross with, but I want to keep as much of the performance handling of the truck.

Also, what about the 255RII? Anyone running these?

Thanks..........

junioRace

Established Member
THUNDER BOLT said:
Are you asking about the Nitto 555 extreme drag radial?
If so they are a substantial improvement over the GoodYear F1's
Yeah, Extreme Drag. The 555RII are called an "Extreme R". Like I said, I want a tire that still has good handling characteristics.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
You will be just fine with the standard 305/45ZR-18s in Nitto 555Rs. They are a great all around tire, that wont hurt handling and give you a great amount of traction over F1s..

I just burned off my Nitto DRs(Theres a vid on here) and now am running F1s, and i HATE it. F1s are NOTHING compared to DRs.

junioRace

Established Member
Thanks for the input and advice guys. I had talked to Taylor at Discount Tire Direct earlier this evening, and he had offered me a good deal on a couple of 555R's. I actually can have a couple of them shipped to my door for about $50 more than one F1 would cost me locally.

junioRace

Established Member
Snakestress said:
they didnt last that long for me? you think racing it weekly had something to do with it? :shrug: :lol:
You're probably a lot like my Aunt Mary was. She weighed about 110 lbs....of which 90 lbs was her right foot.
happy0007.gif

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I just put my F1s back on the rear. My Nittos were shot. The truck does ride a tad bit rougher with the F1s, but it corners better. You can feel a tad bit of sway in the back when hitting a corner hard with the Nittos, but nothing thats DRASTIC. You will love them.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
THUNDER BOLT said:
This is what you should be looking at. Not the road race tire

Yup, get them. And in that width too.....I miss mine, but my fronts were dried out so I have to replace them before putting these on the rear again. Don't worry, you won't look back.

Users who are viewing this thread