Nitrous??

magicman

Established Member
hows it work? stock motor or built? how much power? how much nitrous?
any info would be great!

magicman

Established Member
it definately works, research know it before you use it , I sprayed a 110shot on a built motor

Ive been trying to find some info, any ideas where? ill probably use a 50 or 75 shot wet kit which is pretty small. Thanks for your info

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
As long as you can push enough fuel and have the timing lowered... you can spray a 100 shot on a stock engine w/a 4lb lower pulley.

It's *best* if you ramp up the shot instead of a 100% instant on hit.
If you don't get a controller to ramp with... only activate it above 3000rpms.

Rich

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I use it. I have been a nitrous junky for the past 6 years now...LOL
I have learned a lot over the 6 years too.

I first started out with a 125 shot while using a 4# lower and a stock upper on a stock blower and completely stock motor and trans.
Over the years I went up to a ported blower and a 6#lower and I reduced the size of the shot to a 75 jetting. Only cause I knew that the motor wasn't going to take any more than that. Well That lasted for about 2 1/2 years. Till the stock motor gave up the ghost.

Now I have a built motor and I am setup for 2 stages of nitrous.
Tuning is where you need some one who knows these trucks and who knows nitrous.

Its very addictive. When you hit the Nitrous for the first time, your like HOLY Sh!T ......

magicman

Established Member
Thanks for all your help guys! my elevation is 6100 ft so i have ben running a 8lb pulley with a tune from lfp. id probably have to drop down to a 4 or 6lb with a .75 shot. what is the best kit efi for a mustang?

Tazman1

Established Member
If your at 6100 ft above sea level. Your gonna be running Fat on the A/F unless your tuned for it. I would drop it to a 4# lower and play it from there.

I am running a Nitrous Express wet efi kit on mine. I would also get a wide band to measure your A/F while running nitrous.
I have my plugs gapped at .034 for nitrous. You may want to tighten your gap a little more, thats if your still on stock internals?

magicman

Established Member
If your at 6100 ft above sea level. Your gonna be running Fat on the A/F unless your tuned for it. I would drop it to a 4# lower and play it from there.

I am running a Nitrous Express wet efi kit on mine. I would also get a wide band to measure your A/F while running nitrous.
I have my plugs gapped at .034 for nitrous. You may want to tighten your gap a little more, thats if your still on stock internals?

Im running aem a/f its in the 12 13 range on 6lb pulley so yea alittle fat. lfp gave me a tune for 6 and 8lb pulley. has ngk plugs tb sct2600 maf. i didnt plan on running nitrous but i have it in my superduty and its alot of fun! i know a thing or two on diesels. i just bought this to have fun with it and its a whole nother ball game. so ill take advise from you guys thats ben around the L for awhile! again thanks for the help

Tazman1

Established Member
12-13 is not on the fat side. Thats on the lean side....

now if you were say 10-9 on the A/F. Now that is fat...I would say that any where around the 11.5 range on the A/F would be safe on the truck for nitrous. I tend to be a little on the fat side when I run the nitrous.

magicman

Established Member

now if you were say 10-9 on the A/F. Now that is fat...I would say that any where around the 11.5 range on the A/F would be safe on the truck for nitrous. I tend to be a little on the fat side when I run the nitrous.

I will recheck and make sure thats what the numbers are.

magicman

Established Member

now if you were say 10-9 on the A/F. Now that is fat...I would say that any where around the 11.5 range on the A/F would be safe on the truck for nitrous. I tend to be a little on the fat side when I run the nitrous.[/QUOTE

I ran the truck last night. my AEM A/F is reading in the 12-13. starts at 11 and ends at 16.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member

now if you were say 10-9 on the A/F. Now that is fat...I would say that any where around the 11.5 range on the A/F would be safe on the truck for nitrous. I tend to be a little on the fat side when I run the nitrous.[/QUOTE

I ran the truck last night. my AEM A/F is reading in the 12-13. starts at 11 and ends at 16.

16 is very bad unless that is where you let off.

Jaimie

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
love the giggle gas....

Spray about 13 bottles thru my stock block till she went kabooom.... But that was due to mechanical failure(fuel line cracked)

Video of Nitrous test runs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3D8HrYFVIE"]YouTube- First Nitrous Test Run's[/ame]

Power made on stock block with a KB 2.3 and 75 wet shot NX Kit.
Dyno1.jpg

Like others said, its all in the tune, and install of parts.....

I have yet to spray my new setup....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread