nitrous

01svtn909

Established Member
is a 150 shot safe for a 01 cobra with stock fuel pump?

curently have a 125 on a all stock cobra was wondering if i have a lose of hp due to stock exsaust

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
so your running a 125 shot on a completely stock car? stock midpipe and stock exhaust? Do you even have a CAI on it? A tune?

Oh and to answer your question, read the stickies

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Yea play it smart. You wouldnt put a blower on without a new pump with a higher output. Its the same thing. Oh and free up that exhaust:nono: your losing a good chunk of power with stock fart tubes(Ford part number #poopoo tube-01-chocke-A-bitch) So get a catback.:lol: :burn: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
No. Your losing at most 50 hp I would say. Im also gonna assume that the tune is canned. beleive me tho. The exhaust is the least of your worries. Do you have a fpss with your kit if you dont get one. asap. Its cheap insurance(well kinda:lol1:) and then get a beter fuel pump(focus pump ftw)

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Fpss stands for fuel pressure saftey switch. It just makes sure the fuel pressure stays within a resonably safe margin. if not it shits the flow of nitrous off. I just dont want to hear about you blowing a hole through the side of your wap block(Teskid if you lucky enough) atleast get a pump and you should be fine. "READ the STICKY"

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
dude i feel sorry for your car. No offense, but if you dont know that the stock exhaust system is restricting, how can you know all the ins and outs of Nitrous? You should def do some research and play it easy with the juice or start saving for a new motor now.

01svtn909

Established Member
well i did not claim to but i had this kit on my gt but i had all the bolt ons with the same shot and ran 15-20 bottles and never had a issue.so i dont see how it will hurt this engine i just was unsure the max shot and if my stock crp would be holding me up mutch

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
i was gonna keep my comments to myself................but f' it

i am a nitrous newbie myself, but no where would i ever not run my kit(in the mail as we speak) with the proper safety euipment. just buy a genx 2 kit man, has everything you need besides a window switch WHICH I HOPE YOU HAVE, to get the most out of your nitrous setup at the safest way....

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
in short.. yes you need a pump... my 01 has full bolt ons, and on a dyno i maxed out my pump on just a 100 shot and we had to back the jets down. Then i installed a GT pump and its going back on the dyno for bigger jets and a dyno tune to properly adjust the tables and verify that nothing will break. I also recommend the nos drive by wire kit for those that are new to nitrous... it makes spraying safe.

Users who are viewing this thread