nitrous

nav_sc

Established Member
There was a race between a Eaton nitrous vs Kenne bell car and if my memory is correct the nitrous guy won. It should be on the www.need2speed.com the video. It made me a believer!!!! Don't remember how big was the shot.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Nitrous on an eaton??? :confused: Now who the hell would do that............

hm hm hm hm LOL

Yea, nitrous eaton's run HARD. I "might" take pics of my setup, but it's hidden for the most part, so pics wouldn't be that great, other than bottle, and window switch (only things you can see when looking hard enough, window switch mounted in glovebox).

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
im very interested in your setup. can you elaborate? i have an nx wet kit and im tryinf to decide if i should convert it to a dry kit or leave it wet. please elaborate. noone seems to want to give me advice and the search is down.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
oh fine, I'll spill the beans.

I have a NOS dry kit, which consists of 2 nitrous solenoids side by side. I have a ZEX bottle, dyno tune pressure act. heater, and MSD DIGITAL window switch, and wide open throttle.

The bottle is mounted in the trunk, extremely close ot the rear seats, on top of the carpet, with a piece of 1/2 ince plywood cut out the exact shape of the trunk area,, which is under hte carpet, in which the bottle brackets are bolted to.

ALL of the lines are run under the door sill's, than behind the kick panel on the passenger side, and there is the main feed line and the power to the solenoids THROUGH the fender. Take off your pass. side tire and fender cover thing, and you will see a rubber gromet. Cut it a little bigger and pull the lines through. THIS IS FOR USE WITH THE JLT TRUE COLD AIR. Than mount the solenoids on the top inside of the fender,to the rail. Than just run the nitrous line to the nozzle, and neatly apply it into the air filter. Put the fender cover and tire back on.

As for the switches, I bought two black switches form radio shack. They are mounted behind the shifter, next to the lighter plug-in. One is for the heater, one is for the nitrous activation.

The MSD window switch is mounted INSIDE the glove box, in the upper lefthand side, mounted with a couple strips of double sided tape. The wire is all ran up inside the dash. When the nitrous act. switch is turned on, it turns on the window switch.

The wide open throttle switch is simply done. after running wires to power and to nitrous act. button, make a bracket/bend the bracket so that the WOT clicks on when the pedal is pushed all of the way in. My WOT switch is mounted, using a factory bolt, toi the upper end of the pedal bracket. Pics would be good, they would really help me explain.

I also have a piece of particle board with the same color trun carpet that in a way drapes over the bottle, so when the trunk is opened, you can't see anything, yet if you open the rear seats, you can turn off/on the bottle, and check pressure if nec., however the heater automatically turns off at the pressure you want.

I'll take some pics this weekend to help explain, but everything is pretty well hidden and EXTREMELY PROFESSIONALY INSTALLED. From the wire/lines, to the mounts, EVERYTHING is done. It took a LOT of time to do. If you do not have the JLT true cold air, than you can run the line from the solenoids into the engine bay and into the filter there, it will still be an extremely clean/slick installation.

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
sounds nice. so where does the nozzle spray? right into the filter or after the filter?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
right into the filter, at the base of the filter, close to the MAF.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I spray a 45 DRY shot, and it sprays from 4200 to 6200, but I think I might raise it to 6400, not sure yet.

cdh027

Established Member
ITSTOCK said:
I also have a piece of particle board with the same color trun carpet that in a way drapes over the bottle, so when the trunk is opened, you can't see anything.

ITSTOCK, Where did you buy the matching trunk carpet ?? I've been looking for a while now.

04cobracop

Established Member
Go Dynotune with their stage 2 window switch and bottle heater. I'am running a ported blower and 50 dry shot. I love my Dynotune nitrous kit. The biggest thing is it was very cheap!!!!!!!!!!LOL. By the way (ITSTOCK) awesome car man. I'am spraying from 3400 to 5500, I shift at around 6000. Every car is different!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread