Nitrous vs stock 2v intake???

Punisher03

Force Fed SVT
Established Member
I have owned several 2v but this is the first I am putting nitrous on. I am going to put a NX plate kit that mounts under the upper plenum, but my question is will a 100 shot be safe on the stock 04 intake?

cinch1985

Established Member
As long as it doesn't pool. The plate kit helps a lot with that. But if you do blow it u can pick them up for 100 used and takes like a hour to swap.

spike_africa

Established Member
I have posted about this a lot over the years. I have run many many bottles through my cars stock plastic intake. From 70hp,90hp,125hp,150hp shots. All of which were wet. Meaning fuel and nitrous were sprayed into the manifold.

I have had two nitrous backfires. One blew the filter off and nothing was damaged, and one when I banged the limiter into 4th gear. Again nothing happened. Its been proven you can spray 150shots with a fogger nozzle without issue into the stock manifold. Over that you must run a plate kit. Nitrous express plate setup is known to do 200shots wet fine through the stock manifold.

A few people have tried 175hp shots with a fogger nozzle and after a few passes blown their manifolds out with a nasty backfire. So 150hp or less a fogger is fine, more than 150hp do a plate.

Last edited:

NitrousExpress

Established Member
I can say that you will be fine. We do have a couple of safety measures that can keep that from happening though. Such as a window switch and a fuel pressure safety switch. Call us if you have any other questions.
-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread