Nitrous+vortech should I?

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
I currently have an 01 with a built MMR 950 stroker 8.8.1 cr , MMR stage 3 heads, custom blower cams, built 4r stalled to tight (supposed to 4k) but only 3400 ish, with supporting mods. I'm running a 2.87 pulley and seeing around 500 right now. I'm currently running out of fuel, max DC at 5200 making me shift at 6200. I know I'm gonna get a little more out of her when I put in my fuel pumps and spin it up to 6800. Thing is I want more! I'm seriously wanting to use a small shot, say a 75 wet kit to achieve this.
My questions

Will 2 focus pumps with bap be enough?

Will the nitrous be to much and hurt motor?

Can I run 93 pump gas?

Is anyone else doing this on vortech setup?, can't find any other than schraders yellow gt

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, mikeh

Sent From a galaxy far far away

Mike@TF

Established Member
i wouldnt spray it on pump gas.. do 104 at least in the tank and you have to get tuned for it..

no you wont hurt your motor(i dont like mmr anyway lol)

get a real fuel system and get it out the way because obviously your going to want more down the line so then you can switch to a YSI..

spray + boost +beast..i would spray at least 100..

my setup is big turbo with a direct port 175:)..

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
i wouldnt spray it on pump gas.. do 104 at least in the tank and you have to get tuned for it..

no you wont hurt your motor(i dont like mmr anyway lol)

get a real fuel system and get it out the way because obviously your going to want more down the line so then you can switch to a YSI..

spray + boost +beast..i would spray at least 100..

my setup is big turbo with a direct port 175:)..

Do you you think I should do a return setup? I know that would be ideal, but I would like to know if these pumps are big enough for 650-700 HP?

You read my mind! I do want to swap to a ysi most definitely!! I would like to get this done for the spring shootouts here in Atlanta and back home in KY.

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
If I do need race gas, what about doing a stand alone fuel tank with race gas in it (shell urt advanced?) and 93 in the big tank?

Stanger00

Established Member
Go return on the fuel system. In the long run its actually cheaper. Especially if you are buying parts brand new.

2 Ford GT super car pumps with stock feed line and stock rails and dual FPDMs will be good for mid 600's without a BAP. I currently run that fuel system and its close to being maxed out at 615 whp.

I'm curious to see what your car will do when it's spun to 6800. Will you be locking the converter by ECU or wired to a switch? I also hope you are running a multi disk. I had a single disk at first and that thing barely held lock up on the dyno.

My stall is way too tight for my cams too.

Edit: check my thread for my dyno sheet. My car with smaller motor is hittin 600hp at 6k rpms. Get your fuel system up to par an you'll pick up a ton of power.

Last edited:

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Go return on the fuel system. In the long run its actually cheaper. Especially if you are buying parts brand new.

2 Ford GT super car pumps with stock feed line and stock rails and dual FPDMs will be good for mid 600's without a BAP. I currently run that fuel system and its close to being maxed out at 615 whp.

I'm curious to see what your car will do when it's spun to 6800. Will you be locking the converter by ECU or wired to a switch? I also hope you are running a multi disk. I had a single disk at first and that thing barely held lock up on the dyno.

My stall is way too tight for my cams too.

Edit: check my thread for my dyno sheet. My car with smaller motor is hittin 600hp at 6k rpms. Get your fuel system up to par an you'll pick up a ton of power.

I will definitely get it on the dyno once I get it the pumps in for sure. The ECu will be locking up the converter. As of now it's pulling hard all the way till 6200 where it starts to go lean. On the dyno sheet, power is still going up as well. The trans was built and spec'd for this build along with the stall, but I think it's too tight though. That's once reason I want to spray it, especially in the lower Rpm's. My plan is either to do the pumps, tune it like that to see where I stand. Then at same session spray it or put on a 10% OD pulley to bring boost in quicker. The nitrous would give me LOTS more TQ though and loosen converter better.

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Now you got me wanting to do the OD pulley with those numbers! Man, decisions. I guess with that pulley and and more rpm should net me around where you are. I know you have the TF heads but, can they be that much better? Kurgan said he could get me there with that.

Stanger00

Established Member
Which blower are you running?

Get the overdrive crank. I think it's the main reason why my motor was in the 530 range with torque. I run a V2 Si trim with 3.1 pulley and 10% overdrive seeing 16psi at 7k.

Converter may or may not loosen up. I ran a single disk for about 40k miles N/A an then supercharged and it held its 3400 stall rating through its entire life with me. I bought it used too with unknown mileage.

My car is worthless below 4k rpms so I know what you are talking about with wanting more torque in the lower rpms. It's worse with my aluminator motor since its a 4.6 and around 8.7-8.8 compression ration.

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Which blower are you running?

Get the overdrive crank. I think it's the main reason why my motor was in the 530 range with torque. I run a V2 Si trim with 3.1 pulley and 10% overdrive seeing 16psi at 7k.

Converter may or may not loosen up. I ran a single disk for about 40k miles N/A an then supercharged and it held its 3400 stall rating through its entire life with me. I bought it used too with unknown mileage.

My car is worthless below 4k rpms so I know what you are talking about with wanting more torque in the lower rpms. It's worse with my aluminator motor since its a 4.6 and around 8.7-8.8 compression ration.

I'm running a v-1 s-trim with the same compression as you actually. Im seeing 14 lbs at 6100 on mine with the 2.87 according to my tuner. Im curious now how much the OD pulley will add in boost.

My stall/trans was built for this setup (600 HP) with a centri. So I shouldn't blow through it. But they should of known that I would have that power till later in the Rpm's. it might be the lower CR that's killing me on power not letting it flash higher on the launch cause power is not there yet?

Stanger00

Established Member
I pullied my blower to run max impeller speed at 6800-7k rpms. With the setup i have its overspinning by 1-2k rpms, IIRC. I ended up with 16psi some people are in the 17-18 range.

Are you brake stalling? If you are than its probably wanting to spin the tires around 2400-2500 rpms and that's normal for a 3400 stall but if its brake stalling at 3400 than you do have a 4k stall.

I drive on the street mostly and don't need a stall that will get me the 1.4 or better 60fts. I run a 3300 and that will be good enough for a 1.5 60ft.

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
When I foot brake it only goes to around 2400. It flashes when not foot braking at 34-3600. Which it fine for the street for me as well. At the track not do much. It just doesn't leave hard enough.

Okay who's got the hookup on an IW 10% OD pulley? Lol

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
I just went to vortech calculator and found that I will be over spinning the impeller by a lot! 9263 to be exact with 10% OD. I've heard they can be over spun some but can they go that much?

Mike@TF

Established Member
your not going to foot brake any converter to 3400+ lol..unless its real really really loose then something is wrong with it..

dont waste money on a stand alone..not worth it for the size shot you want.. just put some damn 104 in the tank and some trying to make stuff complicated.. like stated yes gt pumps will work with DUAL fpdm's.. do not try to run a single fpdm..

and vortechs like to be over spun..you are already spinning the shit out of that little s trim(not over spinning it yet).. i would just keep it as is change pumps and spray it then do a fuel system and bigger blower..

Last edited:

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Still not sure what I want to do. Still need pros and cons and personal experience with nitrous with a SC. I want this car to perform at the track and not be a dyno queen.

Users who are viewing this thread