Nitrous tuning questions

Joeblue5.0

Established Member
I have a 2013 Reg cab 5.0 F-150, pretty much full bolt on with JLT CAI, 85 mm t/b, Boss intake manifold, GT/Boss intake cams, Kooks L/T with their race catted mid pipes, side exit ford performance/Borla exhaust, 4.10 gears etc. etc.

I have always run a 125 shot(NX Express wet kit) on e85 with no problems on stock fuel setup. I bumped up to 47 lb injectors and added a vmp boost a pump, and also requested an updated file for a 150 shot.

The new tune seems a little more alive lower in the power band, but I've noticed that I went from seeing anywhere from 45-46+ lb/min maf flow to 36-38, also absolute load went from .90-1.02 to in the .72 range. The new file is setup a little leaner at .85 lambda, compared to .82.

Now I'm no expert with the tuning, and can attach files if anyone cares to put in their .02, but I wasn't expecting these changes, and with it being a wet kit and the maf not seeing the nitrous, I'm really concerned with the maf flow #'s...??? I reached out to the tuner, and was kinda just told they tune the maf.

Any input is appreciated.

nate-roth

Established Member
When you data log what fuel trims are you seeing- if they are off it will skew load and lb/min maf flow .85 Lamda is 12.5 afr- too lean for spray. Need to be .80 to .82. Something sounds out of whack and I definitely would not spray it until you get it figured out. There are a lot of good tuners out there to help you out remotely, not all of them charge big bucks either.
You should post a part throttle data log, if you tune with hp tuners and post your log and tune on the hp forum there are a bunch of guys on there that will review and help you out.
I self tune with hp tuners on my E85 2014 TVS Mustang, learned a lot from the hp tuners forum

Joeblue5.0

Established Member
Stoich at .85 would be 14.08 on e10, so .85 = 11.9

I’m running e85 so at .85 = 8.37

but speaking just to lambda obviously .85 seems lean to me as well. I was running at .82 at 125 shot on e85 and stock injectors.

I will post a few logs, but they will be from SCT devices. I have a wot log with the nitrous tune but not spraying, then I have a log spraying with a 2nd to 3rd gear shift. It’s hard to capture a good log spraying unless I’m at the track.

nate-roth

Established Member
I got the .85=12.5 from a conversion chart, not really sure I only tune in lambda these days. Run my SC car at .80 on E85. I used to race weekly in a nitrous fox body, 200 shot and tuned it to 11.8afr.
Post the logs, I'd like to take a look, at least out of curiosity. I have the SCT live wire sw, used to use SCT handhelds before I got into the self tune deal with hp tuners

decipha

Established Member
Load is low because they scaled the tune unbeknowst to them due to the 47lb injector data being wrong.

.858#

Users who are viewing this thread