nitrous time. question for exp. people

4camwonder

Established Member
just bought a TNT wet kit for my car and would like to know what amount i can put to it and be safe. i dont plan on spraying it that much, and i want to do all the safety steps to keep it alive untill i can rebuild it later this year or early next.

my mods are, SPEC stage 1 clutch, BBK 67mm tb, BBK CAI, March underdrive pulley, no cats w/ mil eliminators, flowmasters, and 4.10s.

i plan on having it tuned, and droping to a colder plug. also plan on running a window switch, and a WOT switch, and id like to get a larger fuel pump.

any tips from those of you that run nitrous would be greatly aperciated.

-keith.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
with a 100 shot you will be fine other than some timing, 125 and up you need fuel upgrades, intank pump.RUN a window switch, i know you said you are going to, i am just restating how important it is. you are gonna need a bottle heater, unless you are only gonna spray when it is hot as balls outside

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
you'd probably want to get a new clutch. that stage 1 probably won't like that nitrous torque for very long.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
With my experiences with nitrous I have found it is easier if you huff some of the nitrous yourself before spraying your car, that way your nice and mellow before you start picking up parts off the road. Na just kidding go for it , You will love it, and you will definetly need fuel upgrades above a 100 shot. Give us an update and dont really huff the nitrous it will kill you :)!!!!

4camwonder

Established Member
Doug said:
you'd probably want to get a new clutch. that stage 1 probably won't like that nitrous torque for very long.

i just put it in last week, its stated to hold up to 410 ftlbs. and im no were near that.

and for anyone that needs a good stock replacment, that was the best 230 bucks ive ever spent on a car.

BooRail85

Banned
4camwonder said:
i just put it in last week, its stated to hold up to 410 ftlbs. and im no were near that.

and for anyone that needs a good stock replacment, that was the best 230 bucks ive ever spent on a car.

I was just looking at those! $189 from stang suspension for a spec stg1.

I dont see you having a problem with it. Unless you go 125 or bigger on the nitrous, i dont think you'll surpass 410ft/lb.

epracmetcon

Established Member
BooRail85 said:
I was just looking at those! $189 from stang suspension for a spec stg1.

I dont see you having a problem with it. Unless you go 125 or bigger on the nitrous, i dont think you'll surpass 410ft/lb.

My guess is that he will see over 400lbft of torque on 75shot at the crank.

white98snake

Established Member
ok here comes the safty list

fuel pressure and nitrous pressure gauges
fuel pessure safty switch
wot switch
window switch
colder plugs, i went 2 stages colder i use ngk br7ef
since u have a 97 u will be stuck at 100shot until u upgrade ur fuel pump
the clutch should be ok if u dont spray all the time,
a good tune with a flip chip perhaps would be a good investment aswell

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
would it be safe to run a 75 or 100 shot on my 112k cobra? it still runs like a raped ape! no leaks or strange noises

white98snake

Established Member
badass98svt said:
would it be safe to run a 75 or 100 shot on my 112k cobra? it still runs like a raped ape! no leaks or strange noises

yea that should be fine as long as the motor doesnt burn much oil and make sure u get a fuel pressure gauge on it

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
on the initial hit of nitrous, your clutch will see upwards of 2x the rated shot in tq. if your car is making 300ft/lbs, and you throw a 75 shot on the car. Expect to gain 150-175ft/lbs on torque.

if its a fresh clutch it will last, but dont' expect it to last for more than a year or so if you plan on using nitrous much. especially if you'll be on a sticky tire.

4camwonder

Established Member
eh, i only need the clutch and engine to last for a little bit. i dont plan on spraying it much anyway like i said.

can i put a 100 shot to it without a tune? the dyno around here is backed up for a while and i really dont need to buy a tuner right now, but if you guys insist ill wait.

as far as all the safety stuff goes ive either got it or its on order, so i should be set.

white98snake

Established Member
badass98svt said:
it needs to be absolutely safe. this is my only car. will i be alright?

you will be fine, nitrous is perfectly safe as long as ur not dumb with it,spray it when u need 2 not all the time and it will last plenty, get a leak down test and compression test done on the motor and if everythign is good then go for it

4camwonder

Established Member
wow. i just got off the phone with Sam at TNT. there tech support is hands and shoulders above any other nitrous company's ive talked to in the last month. would highly recommend them to anyone that is going to spray.

also, he told me not to put a there 125 pill on my car as it would be border line to much for it. he also said that they are R&D'ing a ring for our cars as well. (much like the ones you see for GM cars).

Users who are viewing this thread