Nitrous switch placement

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Hey guys, new to this forum.

Hoping to get some advise on where/how to mount some nitrous switches in my 2011 GT. I was thinking of taking the same style of switches on the nitrous express switch panel and placing them in a row in front of my shifter where it says "mustang" under the "sync" badge (which I will remove). Main issue is I'm not really sure how to go about this, how to get my hands on the proper switches, aside from buying the nitrous express one I mentioned earlier and then cutting out the switches. That just seems like a waste and very expensive if I get it wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Like I said also open to ideas on different areas to put the switches. Would like for them to be easily accessible while I'm driving/sitting at a stop light.

Here's the area of the car I'm referring to: http://imgur.com/a/siui1

And here's the switch panel I'm refering to: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/155053/4/101/2620/15785-mustang-switch-panel-10-14.html
Worth adding that there are other panels on their website that are in a row, which will work for what I have in mind. Am I right in thinking those may work? They'd be placed horizontally.

SNIPER

Established Member
I had mine moved to the overhead, Very easy to get to.

20160221_112046_zpsn4esubmd.jpg

5lho

Established Member
I'm a sneaky bastard so no visible switches, lines or wires. Mine is in the standard place in the rear console. You can get those switches at any decent electronics parts store. Use a step drill to poke the holes.

Nitrous is really a track tool more than a street toy. Bottle heating and tune swapping makes it less than ideal for playing on the road,

wolfman311

Established Member
I'm a sneaky bastard so no visible switches, lines or wires. Mine is in the standard place in the rear console. You can get those switches at any decent electronics parts store. Use a step drill to poke the holes.

Nitrous is really a track tool more than a street toy. Bottle heating and tune swapping makes it less than ideal for playing on the road,

This^^^^^^. I agree completely. Wish it was a street toy but Nitrous is truly a track tool.

TheBorkinator

Established Member

Can I not run the nitrous tune all the time? I've never dealt with it before. Figured I could have it there for when I wanted it and leave it alone when I didn't need it. I don't have 7k needed for a supercharger, but I do have the 1k needed for nitrous.

5lho

Established Member
Can I not run the nitrous tune all the time? I've never dealt with it before. Figured I could have it there for when I wanted it and leave it alone when I didn't need it. I don't have 7k needed for a supercharger, but I do have the 1k needed for nitrous.

You can, but any nitrous tune will run like a soft version of the stock tune off the bottle. My car dropped 4 mph in 1/4 on the nitrous tune when I had an activation problem so, that's like giving up 50 horsepower over my n/a 91 tune. I won't run around like that on the street

Users who are viewing this thread