Nitrous solenoid noise

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
So I sprayed the car last night for the first time to test everything out. System is the Nitrous Express drive by wire kit (wet). I run a FP safety switch as well. I learned the little computer, armed the system and achieved WOT. Car felt amazing, definitely felt the hit from the 100 shot.

Thing is when I punched it I could hear this really fast ticking sound coming from the area of the firewall on the passenger side. I have the nitrous solenoid mounted on the passenger side on the firewall. It was either that or the relays that I have mounted in the glove box, not sure but it was coming from that general area. Anything that I need to check or is that normal?

I didn't really beat it too hard, I ran a couple 3-4 shifts and one long 4th pull.

Nitro Dave

Established Member
Odds are your fuel pressure safety switch needs some adjusting. It was probably interupting the ground to the system relay causing the continues clicking you heard.

Dave

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
that was the probelm. The FPSS was activating on the initial hit, due to the momentary drop in fuel pressure. I adjusted the pressure on the switch and now it is fine. thanks for the help.

jpg03

Established Member
that was the probelm. The FPSS was activating on the initial hit, due to the momentary drop in fuel pressure. I adjusted the pressure on the switch and now it is fine. thanks for the help.

How did you adjust the pressure on the switch?

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
on the FPSS that came with my Nitrous Express kit there is a little rubber cap. When you take it off, it exposes a screw that you can adjust with the proper allen wrench. counterclockwise to decrease clockwise to increase. you should use a pressure gauge to adjust it properly, but I didn't ;-)

fpss.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread