Nitrous questions

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
A few quick ones on an n2o setup: Thinking about NOS wet kit for the terminator...

-at my power level, on stock injectors, will my standing fuel system be adequate?

- What's the deal with the shot. When the fuel and Nitrous atomize, its gotta go right through the blower and comes in contact with the rotors, and the intercooler fins, so does this run the risk of the fuel falling out of suspension? is the kit richened to compensate for this?

- will I need additional tuning to retard my ign. adv. a few degrees? I'm only gonna run a 75 shot.

- will the kit be safe to bolt up, hit the switch, and fly, or will I need to change tune due to my current modifications?

-Can you run water-methanol and Nitrous at the same time? don't have meth. inj., but it's a potential future mod., so asking ahead of time...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Brandon

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
What size shot?
Fuel mods for sure. BAP + 60s are pretty typical. I had to have a tune cuz I'm running a dry shot after the MAF sensor. Kits are pretty easy to install and straight forward to use.
Not sure about using Meth and N2O together.:shrug:

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
I'm kinda steering away from using a dry shot because I'll have to inject it pre-meter, and I don't want the rush of pressure messing up my laminar airflow and giving the sensor a false reading, and possibly go lean. another reason is I don't really wanna swap injectors, and I kinda want to do it all on stock fuel, so with dry, the injectors and pump will have to compensate for the added o2....
although with the wet shot, I don't know if my curent fuel sys. will do the job...

I want to do the wet kit, but the only thing I'm afraid of is the fuel falling out of suspension when it goes through the intercooler fins.

Any of you running wet shots on stock fuel, modded motor? what mods have you done to the fuel sys if any?

I only plan on running a 75 shot, so what should I need?

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
Thats what I figured. I wasn't sure the stock fuel could hold it considering how muck of the stock fuel I'm using now. Thanks for the input.
-Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread