nitrous question.

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
i have everything that i need to put a nitrous kit on my truck except for the nozzle at the moment. i'm wondering if i should do this, or just leave it off? how much would i be able to spray a stock block with ported blower, 14#s of boost, CAI, and a tune? i have jets from 50 up to 350. i'm thinking nothing over 100 if i were to do it, but i don't want the engine to go boom. any opinions?

04SVT-L

Established Member
Nitrous is like a hott chick with an STD, u kno u wanna hit it but ur afraid of the consequences

04SVT-L

Established Member
Yea man be careful. Cuz if u dont got it rite, ur just gona have a time bomb on ur hands

DjKush

Established Member
Yea man idk... Ur pushin 14 pounds already, if u do do it ur probly on a thin line. Lower ur boost or go boom like me.. It's the worse feeling ever bro.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Personally, I would go back to the stock upper and keep it to the 50 jet. The rule of thumb with stock bottom end is no more than 450 rwhp (although this is not an exact science). In addition to this, you will want a GOOD dyno tune to maximize the longevity of your block. Also out of curiosity, is this a wet or dry kit?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i have everything that i need to put a nitrous kit on my truck except for the nozzle at the moment. i'm wondering if i should do this, or just leave it off? how much would i be able to spray a stock block with ported blower, 14#s of boost, CAI, and a tune? i have jets from 50 up to 350. i'm thinking nothing over 100 if i were to do it, but i don't want the engine to go boom. any opinions?

leave it off

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
If it's a fixed hit system (which I assume it is) then stick to a 50shot.

If it has a ramping controller and solenoids good enough to be ramped.. you could go up to a 100-125 shot.

Fixed hits (100% instant on) are killers..

Rich

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
me personaly im not a fan of progressive controllers. pulsing solenoids isnt good for them it hits the guts with alot of pressure. i know alot of people use them with out issues but hitting anything with near 1000 pounds of pressure is going to put stress on things. this is why we run a ball valve in the car off the bottle. it hold the pressure off the solenoids till its needed. after the run the valve is closed and the rest is purged out of the line...

Users who are viewing this thread