Nitrous Question?????

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Okay I have been searching and searching but can't find what I'm looking for.

Well I am attempting to do my install here really soon, and I am coming across some difficulties in running the nitrous line. I have a rear seat delete so I would really like to mount the nitrous bottle where my rear seat used to be.

With that said should I run the line from the inside basically running it under the carpet to the far right and some how getting the line through the firewall. I really don't know how I would accomplish that with out it looking like crap.

IMG_6511z.jpg

this is where I thought I would run the line to the engine bay. Has anyone done it through here??

IMG_6509z.jpg

Or Should I drill a hole under the rear seat delete and run the nitrous line through the underbody. From looking from the underbody up it looks like the nitrous line would be really close to the headers. Maybe there is a better way of running this damn line so please help!!

IMG_6506z.jpg

Hockeyman48

Established Member
underneath car is where I ran mine. I may be overly cautious but I would rather the line fail outside of the car rather than inside no matter what the remote possibilities are.
Just my thoughts

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
ii drilled a hole in the trunks and zip tied it to my fuel lines all the way up to the motor...on my old gt.. but on my cobra i didnt wanna drill holes so i ran it under the carpet and out a plug on the passenger front floor board under the carpet..then fallowed the fuel lines..

WaffleGT

FNFSTSVT
Established Member
Pretty sure that if you take the car and run it on a track, the feed line HAS to be ran outside the vehicle, along with a vent tube running outside.

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
Pretty sure that if you take the car and run it on a track, the feed line HAS to be ran outside the vehicle, along with a vent tube running outside.

depending on how strict the track is... the ones around here could care less........

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
depending on how strict the track is... the ones around here could care less........

I'm sure my track would care less as well. I did plan on having a blow down kit as well. So I thought that would make it okay on running the line in the inside of the car. Just running it through the underbody seems like a pain in the asss if you ask me.

Does anyone have any pics of running it through the underbody??

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
I'm sure my track would care less as well. I did plan on having a blow down kit as well. So I thought that would make it okay on running the line in the inside of the car. Just running it through the underbody seems like a pain in the asss if you ask me.

Does anyone have any pics of running it through the underbody??

just drill a hole in trunk,and follow fuel ines.. its easy

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I routed my nitrous line through the grommet for the ABS sensors which are underneath the rear seat. It is a tight fit even without the wiring for the ABS that i took out, so you may have to cut the grommet open more if you choose to run it there. i zip-tied my line tucked next to where the side skirt connects to the body.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I routed my nitrous line through the grommet for the ABS sensors which are underneath the rear seat. It is a tight fit even without the wiring for the ABS that i took out, so you may have to cut the grommet open more if you choose to run it there. i zip-tied my line tucked next to where the side skirt connects to the body.

Thats what I am planning on doing now. :banana:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
do you know how you are mounting your WOT switch? that is my next venture and i need to do it quickly because i'm getting tuned saturday..

I haven't gotten that far yet. But I'm sure someone will jump in and give some good info or pics. I really need to get this done and ready to go...

Al

Users who are viewing this thread