Nitrous Question: Fuel Related

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Ok I have my nitrous system completely setup and ready to go. I will be spraying a 30-40 shot before the MAF. People have told me that spraying before the MAF will allow the computer to compensate the fuel from the added air. Do I need to have a flip chip for this small of a shot? I have ran nitrous all of my life but not on a supercharged car. I have a chip and pulley already but I just wanted to ask for advice before I spray.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
Ok I have my nitrous system completely setup and ready to go. I will be spraying a 30-40 shot before the MAF. People have told me that spraying before the MAF will allow the computer to compensate the fuel from the added air. Do I need to have a flip chip for this small of a shot? I have ran nitrous all of my life but not on a supercharged car. I have a chip and pulley already but I just wanted to ask for advice before I spray.

Personally, I'd NEVER spray into the MAF as you run the risk of "freezing it" which would result in screwed up load and inferred baro. Also, the amount of fuel enrichment you get will be nondeterministic. Use a more precise method like a chip or MAFterburner.

On our car, I picked up 60rwhp/100rwtq on a 50shot. Have fun Bryan! :)

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread