Nitrous plate

slow_99cobra

Established Member
Will a nitrous plate for a 03-04 cobra fit a 99. And if not, do you know anyone that makes one for a 99-01 cobra. I was up to 3 in the morning last night trying to fins one. Found that TNT use to make one but it looks like they went out of business. If anyone has one they want to sell pm me.

slow_99cobra

Established Member
I had a normal wet kit on my old gt just a 75 shot and I didnt like the spray pattern it put out. The plates put out such a even spray pattern, which I feel is as close to direct as you can get and a lot cheaper.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I had a normal wet kit on my old gt just a 75 shot and I didnt like the spray pattern it put out. The plates put out such a even spray pattern, which I feel is as close to direct as you can get and a lot cheaper.

how much cheaper is a plate kit? You can get a wet kit for like 250 used.

How much you plan to spray?

Ive never seen a spray pattern issue with a wet kit installed properly, plus they hit harder that a plate kit would ;)

slow_99cobra

Established Member
I didnt mean as close to direct I meant fogger. I'll be spraying 150. Why would a nozzle hit harder than a plate? I've been told by people that the plates spray more a more even pattern so the motors more likely to get a even distribution.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
I didnt mean as close to direct I meant fogger. I'll be spraying 150. Why would a nozzle hit harder than a plate? I've been told by people that the plates spray more a more even pattern so the motors more likely to get a even distribution.

Wet kits just hit harder. Yes in theory a plate/fogger is going to spray "more even" than a wet kit but you wont have any problems with a wet kit.

I would just stick to a nx wet kit.

slow_99cobra

Established Member
Wet kits just hit harder. Yes in theory a plate/fogger is going to spray "more even" than a wet kit but you wont have any problems with a wet kit.

I would just stick to a nx wet kit.

Thanks for the help, definitely something to consider. Back to my original question due you know anyone that makes a kit or even just the plate.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member

slow_99cobra

Established Member

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
it will not work, that system is for the 03-04 cobra only and the plate goes between the intake and blower, not the throttle body. The bolt pattern is not even close. There is no current production plate for a 99-01 cobra. Just use a shark nozzle, 150 is no problem at all. The intake is getting a plume of nitrous and speads out the mixture, at the velocity that is happening a plate will not make any difference. If you want direct go direct port, NOS makes a kit for that, it's actually for 2v 4.6 but works perfectly on our cars too.

slow_99cobra

Established Member
it will not work, that system is for the 03-04 cobra only and the plate goes between the intake and blower, not the throttle body. The bolt pattern is not even close. There is no current production plate for a 99-01 cobra. Just use a shark nozzle, 150 is no problem at all. The intake is getting a plume of nitrous and speads out the mixture, at the velocity that is happening a plate will not make any difference. If you want direct go direct port, NOS makes a kit for that, it's actually for 2v 4.6 but works perfectly on our cars too.

Thanks while not the answer I was hoping for. Better than spending 250 on a plate only to find out it doesnt fit.

slow_99cobra

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread