nitrous owners chime in....

91frppgt

Banned
whats the best setup you nitrous guys use on a 2v 4.6? i have a 98, with minor bolt ons...which kit do you use? i'm familar with the NX setups...i heard 4.6's don't like dry shots. is this true?

i'm looking to run a 75-125 (maybe more)...something safe to have a little fun with for a few months till i get a DD then build a blower motor...
whats everyones feedback? thanks!

spike_africa

Established Member
Any nitrous kit from any company pretty much is good these days. there isnt one i would say is the best. They all have there good things and have there problems. Something from compucar,zex,nos,zex,ny-trex,dynotune etc.. are good examples of good nitrous kits.

I would run a wet kit because its easier to use and tune, if u ask me and many others. I run a 125shot form compucar with full bolt on's and a SVT focus pump for more fuel pressure.

GT_Jim

Established Member
I also run the Compucar kit, my only complaints were the too short of lines to go from the solinoids to the nozzle and the cheap ass plunger micro switch. All three parts are replaceable for cheap though. All told you can do the Compucar kit for less than $500 and as far as I know its about as cheap as you get and still retain quality. It comes with 50, 90, and 125 hp jets.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
i run a dynotune kit w/ a focus fuel pump and i run a 150 rwhp shot. i have full bolt ons and soon to have vt stage 2 n/a cams. i believe i will need some injectors but i wont know untill tunning time. also what ever you do dont be cheap about your nitrous set up. get the accesories to be safe. purge kit, bottle heater, fuel pressure safety switch, window switch, WOT switch, spark plugs and in my opinion i would get an air fuel ratio gauge to monitor whats goin on

Users who are viewing this thread