nitrous jetting question

03mach1ne

Established Member
Ok so I'm going to the track to test out the nitrous tonight but I just have one question. When I got the nitrous installed (zex 100 shot) and tuned I picked up 60 whp which seemed a little low but it is a zex kit so I didn't think much about it but looking at the jets yesterday I noticed that zex calls for 30 fuel jet and 46 nitrous for a 100 shot and the person that installed my kit for me has a 26 fuel jet and 46 nitrous jet. Do I need to put the correct fuel jet in there or will I need another tune. I'm running tonight so any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have an air fuel gauge? Throw the 30/46 jets in and watch the gauge. The only thing i would say to watch for is a power loss due to adding more fuel over nitrous. He leaned the fuel out by throwing the 26 jet in it.

What does the a/f gauge say?

03mach1ne

Established Member
Do you have an air fuel gauge? Throw the 30/46 jets in and watch the gauge. The only thing i would say to watch for is a power loss due to adding more fuel over nitrous. He leaned the fuel out by throwing the 26 jet in it.

What does the a/f gauge say?

Air fuel gauge is the next thing on my list of things I'm going to need. So you think he may have done this on purpose? I'm just making sure he didn't just see that v6 called for 26 46 and not notice that the v8 called for 30 46. But I guess if he tuned it I shouldn't have to worry too bad about running lean. I guess I'll just run it like it is tonight and do adjusting when I get my a/f gauge

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Air fuel gauge is the next thing on my list of things I'm going to need. So you think he may have done this on purpose? I'm just making sure he didn't just see that v6 called for 26 46 and not notice that the v8 called for 30 46. But I guess if he tuned it I shouldn't have to worry too bad about running lean. I guess I'll just run it like it is tonight and do adjusting when I get my a/f gauge

I wouldnt touch it unless you have a way to monitor the a/f ratio at wide open throttle. Wait till you get the gauge and then start tinkering. It seems like from the rwhp numbers and the jets that he tried to lean it out? If so, the 60rwhp number doesnt make too much sense. Its extremely conservative to only pick up 60rwhp from a 100 shot. Are you sure he installed those jets?

Check your jets again..

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
I believe ZEX rates their systems hp to the crank not wheels. And the tune up's they give you will be really fat as well. You will need to get an A/F gauge and tune it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread