Nitrous Install, need help

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Well guys I have an NX kit in my room that I want to put on asap but really only needs to be done by Mustang Week. I am doingit a little different, I am hiding it, not to hide it during races just because I want to. So anyway I want to put all the solenoids in the fender and try to cover up all the lines and wires in the engine bay with black plastic, the bottle will still bemounted in the trunk I am just going to put a gym bag over it. Is there anyone here that can help me with this(prettymuch do the whole thing) for a decent price? I was going to take it to Kauffman's for the install and tune but I think I will just take it for the tune someone may be able to help me out for a little cheaper.

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
How much would one of hyou guys charge to install this for me?

This is the third kit I have installed, 2 were my cars and 1 was a friends. How familiar are you with wiring? If you can do this everthing else is cake. If you were local I'm sure we cold do it either a Saturday or Sunday but it would be a hike for me to make it out to WV from NJ and my next couple weekends are already booked but I'm sure there are others that might be able to help.

Install costs would depend mostly on accesories. Do you have a remote opener, purge, heater, blow down kit, low fuel pressure cutoff sensor, swiches, rpm switch, wot switch? I think that all of these are nescersary, with the exception of the blow down kit which some tracks may require you to have. A remote opener is a must if your looking for stealth and it isnt good to leave your bottle open for long periods of time anyways, it will slowly leak.

I did not try to hide my kit but it is very simple to do. The only thing that makes hiding a system more difficult is changing jets, but you can still do it, it might just take alittle more time. You already know how you want your system mounted, I say give it a try on the install yourself depending on your wiring skills and you can always call me if you have any questions. If you would rather someone else do it make sure they've done it a time or two in the past because the wiring can get a little hairy if you have all the above accesories.

There is one piece that I really like but isnt nescersary, a Wideband. Some will tell you it isnt nescersary and isnt accurate but mine stayed accurate for about 6k miles and it didnt go bad until it got soaked in coolant when my IC cracked. And at about $40 a piece for the sensors I think its a great piece of mind. I use a DynoJet WBC and it has a relay output which allows me to spray between whatever a/f range I decide which is my main use of it.

The only thing I dont have that I would like to get to complete the system is a fuel pressure gauge but with the wideband and fuel pressure cut off switch I dont think I need it right now.

If you need any more help give me a call (301)370-9490.

Last edited:

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I've Done A Couple In The Fenderwell. Mine And Carlos's Cars. I Used The Powershot Solenoids Though For Clearence. The Nx Solenoids Are Bigger And Will Make It Alittle Bit More Difficult Depending On Your Mounting Location. It Isn't That Bad. Just The Wiring Is A Pita When Done Neatly

JebTonkin

Established Member
JonJ said:
This is the third kit I have installed, 2 were my cars and 1 was a friends. How familiar are you with wiring? If you can do this everthing else is cake. If you were local I'm sure we cold do it either a Saturday or Sunday but it would be a hike for me to make it out to WV from NJ and my next couple weekends are already booked but I'm sure there are others that might be able to help.

Install costs would depend mostly on accesories. Do you have a remote opener, purge, heater, blow down kit, low fuel pressure cutoff sensor, swiches, rpm switch, wot switch? I think that all of these are nescersary, with the exception of the blow down kit which some tracks may require you to have. A remote opener is a must if your looking for stealth and it isnt good to leave your bottle open for long periods of time anyways, it will slowly leak.

I did not try to hide my kit but it is very simple to do. The only thing that makes hiding a system more difficult is changing jets, but you can still do it, it might just take alittle more time. You already know how you want your system mounted, I say give it a try on the install yourself depending on your wiring skills and you can always call me if you have any questions. If you would rather someone else do it make sure they've done it a time or two in the past because the wiring can get a little hairy if you have all the above accesories.

There is one piece that I really like but isnt nescersary, a Wideband. Some will tell you it isnt nescersary and isnt accurate but mine stayed accurate for about 6k miles and it didnt go bad until it got soaked in coolant when my IC cracked. And at about $40 a piece for the sensors I think its a great piece of mind. I use a DynoJet WBC and it has a relay output which allows me to spray between whatever a/f range I decide which is my main use of it.

The only thing I dont have that I would like to get to complete the system is a fuel pressure gauge but with the wideband and fuel pressure cut off switch I dont think I need it right now.

If you need any more help give me a call (301)370-9490.
It is a wet kit, and the thing is I have 0 wiring experience, now a friend of mine is great with wiring. So if he can wire it shouldn't be that hard to do? I do have all the Gen 2 accessories, heater, purge things like that. I don't have a remote bottle opener but I plan on picking one up.

JebTonkin

Established Member
booricua said:
proly 150 shot :poke:
Nope 100, I have been told that it is ok to run that with stock fuel system and stock tune but I am running it with an SCT tune.

Users who are viewing this thread