Nitrous Ideal A/F

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
What would be ideal A/F curve for nitrous throughout the rpm range? After the initial lean spike, how shold the A/F ration develop throughout the power band? Thanks.

spike_africa

Established Member
just like a blower or turbo below 12.5 is good i like a safe a/f as close to 12:1 as possible without going over. But normaly with most tuners the a/f will start lean with the spike and then come down to like 12:1 then keep going down and getting richer (because of bottle pressure falling down with the nitrous being used) Thats how most are done.

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
FSTMRFR said:
this is what it should look like
most interesting. :beer:
where did u hit the nitrous at? 4250?
what is happening at 5750? the curve shoots up real lean for some reason

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
spike_africa said:
thats not the kinda a/f ratio i would want at all.

I agree, that curve is too lean for my liking and I would not want that kind of A/F curve on my car on the bottle, but I bet you are making good numbers, after all, lean is mean!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
FSTMRFR said:
this is what it should look like:

:( Looks like someone who doesnt have it set up right or is untuned..... A decent lean spike there that could have been somewhat tuned out......then it doesnt get anywhere near 12:1.......Then it looks like when you let off the gas, the residual nitrous in your super long line spike it lean again. The last spike is the scary one..........

Last edited:

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
i was gonna say if the graph was A FULL POINT RICHER it would be nice intil the 5,500rpm mark... thats how i would want it.... SAFE SAFE SAFE

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Isn't the point of running an AFR of 11.5:1 on Blown Apps for extra cooling. I would think 12.5 would be ideal because Nitrous doesn't need extra fuel to cool cylinder temps. Running extra fuel would just kill power and efficiancy. just my thoughts. I think the graph looks fine up to 5750.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
ok...I see what you mean on the spike...but the car only revs to 5600 rpm....sorry should have said that origionally....low rpm, 1/8 mile car

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread