nitrous help

shagn03

Established Member
I am in the process of installing a custom dry nitrous setup and was just needing to know what size jets to use for a 30-50shot.

There is a "Real Street Car Shootout" here this comming weekend at the local track. I think with the nitrous I may have a chance to get in the top 5.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shagn

Mods in sig

shagn03

Established Member
Thanks Bryan, much appreciated.

Anyone have any suggestions about adding fuel with the predator for nitrous passes or just rely on the mass air sensor.

Juiced-03

Established Member
hmm, I am kind of scared spraying through the MAF, but many have had good experiences with it. Others havn't though. I am not sure if the Predator would be able to add enough fuel for the shot by the user adjustable settings. You could always have a custom tune emailed to your Predator, and use on the days when you know you will spray! I am personally going with the Edelbrock kit. I assume you are using a Compucar like kit?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Most say with a small shot of 35-40 you wont need to add fuel in your tune or take out timing.

I know grnenvy is making big power on a 40 shot with just 3 degrees of timing yanked out of his regular blower tune.

The rule of thumb is for every 50hp of n20 take out about 2 degrees. You can also use a fuel additive to help out a tad.

I am going to run a 31 jet which is a 40 or so then a 38 which is about 60. If I feel lucky I will step it up to a 41 jet which is 75

shagn03

Established Member
Thanks Broke, are you going to be using that plate setup as a dry shot or wet??

I cant wait to see your new numbers with Apten and the nitrous....

Users who are viewing this thread