Nitrous guys

DerekDTP!

Established Member
Varies with different brands right? Looking at that chart posted above a .055 and a .039 would be a 125, I'm running a NOS kit, just want to make sure it is right before we tune tmrw

hitmix300

Established Member
Varies per fuel and bottle pressure. I have a direct port setup so it would be much different. But that calc will get ya close!

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
If you're running a nos kit just go to there website and look up the kit you have. I also have a nos universal kit and their number is on the page. You can call and they will get you hooked up.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Varies with different brands right? Looking at that chart posted above a .055 and a .039 would be a 125, I'm running a NOS kit, just want to make sure it is right before we tune tmrw

That's way rich!

Check it again...put in 58 for fuel pressure and 1000 for bottle pressure...says 57/30 for 125 hp to the wheels.

You could always call NOS and tell them the solinoids and nozzle your using along with the car its on and they will tell you what jets to run.

Also depends on what gas your running...I'm assuming reg gas, E85 would use a larger fuel jet.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Holy bad info in this thread batman...

A 125 shot is not a .065N. lol

GENERALLY speaking(there are many factors at play) assuming ceteris paribus:

.052N=100whp
.062N=150whp
.072N=200whp

Flow, pressure, kit setup, etc etc etc all impact the power the car will make.

The long and short of it is this: how much power do you want to make? You need X amount of nitrous injected into the motor to make Y additional horsepower. If your kit isn't flowing right or flowing TOO well, you might need to jet up or down to achieve your desired whp gain from the addition of the nitrous.

Don't get caught up in jet sizes--those are just recommended starting points to get you where you want to be.

Good luck

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
PowerFogger™
Universal Wet 8 Cylinder
Nitrous Oxide System
Kit Number 05131NOS

Table 1 Jetting Combinations @ 43 PSI Fuel Pressure

Table 1 Jetting Combinations @ 43 PSI Fuel Pressure
Kits Nitrous/Fuel Jetting Approximate Power Increase (BHP) Kit 05131NOS 40/28 51/34 65/38 75 HP 100HP 125 HP
NOTE: If jets other than the ones recommended in the table are used, please refer to Chapter 3, “Baseline T

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Its amazes me how people are so quick to call a person wrong when they have no clue. Lol

Notice I used exact measurements for my recommendations and not arbitrary numbers. The numbers I quoted were in fact correct if you're measuring the actual jet size, and not using a numbering system like the NOS setup. Most jets are measure in thousandths of an inch.

I didn't realize OP had an actual Nitrous Oxide Systems brand of nitrous kit and assumed he was using the term "nos" incorrectly.

If he does have a NOS brand nitrous kit, then their jet numbering system will be different than most others.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
No need to check it again its clearly written in the instruction manual

You need to look at your instructions again...above the jet table it clearly states:

"Jetting Combinations @ 43 PSI Fuel Pressure"

The coyote runs 58 PSI fuel pressure!

It says to refer to Chapter 3 "Baseline Tuning Suggestions" and it has another table for different fuel pressure applications.

Using a jet spread based off 43 psi fuel pressure in a car that has 58 psi of fuel pressure will result in an excessive rich condition! Its a UNIVERSAL kit! Call NOS yourself and tell them what car you have the kit installed on and ask them what jets you should run, I guarantee you it will NOT be the ones based off 43 psi of fuel pressure.

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Ok so a .057 and .030, I will call tmrw morning and see what they say

Def call them, they will tell you the starting point for your application and what your trying to do. Seems like they run their jet spreads richer then most, but it may be based off how their solinoids flow. Post back after you speak with them and let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread