Nitrous guys, HELP PLEASE!

F8L BYT

Established Member
Well first off, I apologize if this has been asked before which I'm sure it has, but apparently the search function on the site is broke and google wasn't much help.

Tried spraying the car last night but to no avail. I have a nitrous outlet plate kit, NOS TPS/Window Switch. It is getting 1.25v falling so I tried setting it at 1.3 and 1.4 and tested it with the key on engine off and the RPM set to 0000 and it sprayed both

Tried it with the car running and driving and the RPM set to 4000 and it wouldn't hit. moved the RPM to 0000 driving and still didn't work. The load never went above like .95 so it wasn't spraying fuel either.

Maybe a bad signal from the TPS or the RPM? I tapped into the brown wire I believe for the TPS and the #1 cyl (pass side front) coil for the tach signal.

What wires are they supposed to be? Any ideas other than those? I'm lost and supposed to have a race this weekend

My window switch settings are as follows:

4000-7000
1.4 Falling (1.25 WOT)
Cyl 8

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
Well first off, I apologize if this has been asked before which I'm sure it has, but apparently the search function on the site is broke and google wasn't much help.

Tried spraying the car last night but to no avail. I have a nitrous outlet plate kit, NOS TPS/Window Switch. It is getting 1.25v falling so I tried setting it at 1.3 and 1.4 and tested it with the key on engine off and the RPM set to 0000 and it sprayed both

Tried it with the car running and driving and the RPM set to 4000 and it wouldn't hit. moved the RPM to 0000 driving and still didn't work. The load never went above like .95 so it wasn't spraying fuel either.

Maybe a bad signal from the TPS or the RPM? I tapped into the brown wire I believe for the TPS and the #1 cyl (pass side front) coil for the tach signal.

What wires are they supposed to be? Any ideas other than those? I'm lost and supposed to have a race this weekend

My window switch settings are as follows:

4000-7000
1.4 Falling (1.25 WOT)
Cyl 8

The brown wire is the right one. it's got the rising and falling signal the box needs. Try disabling the window switch and just running it off the TPS. That will narrow down the source of the problem.

I just had an NX TPS fail on me to open and it shot the go signal at all throttle positions and it filled the manifold with nitrous and melted the solenoids. I didn't start it bc I'm not stupid and so, I still have the manifold attached to the motor. NX is taking care of it but, scary it made an awesome pass and then, it shit the bed, for no reason.

1quick

Established Member
I used the rear cylinder injector wire on the driver side supposedly it's a cleaner signal than a coil wire, make sure the rpm matches your tach on the hand held deal, make sure you have the right ignition type selected and it's set to 8 cylinder

Users who are viewing this thread