Nitrous gurus, I have some questions for you...

hitman#1

The Harbinger Of Doom...
Established Member
Here is my dilemma: I recently purchased a NOS® kit (wet/TB plate style) for my Cobra. My idea was to build a stand-alone fuel system for it and run race gas in just the dedicated fuel cell, so that I wouldn't have to fill my tank with the expensive stuff. Also, it would give me the added benefit of not having to tax my main fuel system. Great idea so far. Here is where the plot thickens...

After swapping my stock blower for a ported one and getting a good look at how everything goes together, I'm not so sure that a wet kit is a good idea for one of these engines. Lets consider the path the N2O/fuel mixture has to take: First, the gaseous nitrous mixes with the fuel just past the throttle body. So far, so good. Now the N2O/fuel mixture has to make an approximately 120° bend to reach the back of the S/C. Still good. The blower most likely further homogenizes this N2O/fuel mixture as it runs through the rotors. Fine and dandy. Here, at least to me, is where the potential problems start.

Now we have this mixture running at high speed down through the inter-cooler toward the lower intake floor. So far this mixture has made 210° worth of bends, and it isn't anywhere near done with it's path. Now that the mixture has made it's way past the I/C fins and reached the floor of the intake, it has to make a 180° reversal and come straight up to reach the top of the intake where the runners are. Bad. Once the mixture reaches the top of the intake, it has to make another 180° bend to actually go into the intake runners and from there into the intake (head) port, so on and so forth. Horrible. All together this N2O/fuel mixture has to make like 570° worth of direction changes just to get where it supposed to go. :rollseyes I see so much potential for the fuel to come out of suspension and puddle and/or the specter of poor mixture distribution raises it's ugly head. Either situation is bad.

I'm now thinking of switching to a dry kit, at least for the time being, and contemplate an NOS® Noszle system for the future.

Questions:
How big of a shot can be run with a dry kit? My fuel system is comprised of a 40 amp BAP with the Lethal wire upgrade and 60lb injectors. I am also running an SCT BA 2400 MAF meter. I would be injecting the nitrous post MAF and getting a separate tune for it.

Has anybody run the Noszle kit on a Terminator? If so, what has to be done to get it to fit? Also, if one uses the RR spacer, will this kit fit with a KB or Whipple? I would like to know, as one of these blowers is a planned future upgrade.

TIA for any information you guys can provide...:thumbsup: :beer:

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
excellent observation, I look foreward to the responses. Im going n2o, or upgraded charger..this might help....slo-poc....

MJM03COBRA

Established Member
I am not a n20 professional but I recently put it on my car and did a bunch of homework before I did it. As of now I have a .032 jet pre maf until I get my injectors in and have it retuned. I talked to rick @ amazon and he said that he did not like a wet system with a stock fuel system b/c it pulls too much pressure off of the rail and could/ has before cause cylinder # 1 failure. I think I am going to spray a .036 jet( approx a 75?) dry directly into the throttle body after I get the injectors in and have it retuned. He also said that he would not go over a 75 shot because of cylinder pressure. hope some of this helps. the setup I have now makes a huge difference I cant wait to try it the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread