Nitrous Gauge In Dash

White Horse

Notch your normal Mustang
Established Member
Well, I finally got around to installing my ZEX wet kit for my 2003 Mustang GT Coupe. Here is my question. I have one of the Autometer bezels with the two extra 2 1/16 holes on either side of the dash. Would there be a problem with putting an Autometer Lunar Nitrous pressure gauge in one of those holes so I always have full view of bottle pressure? What would anyone recommend I put in the other hole? Fuel pressure gauge maybe? Any help is appreciated!

:coolman:

97SVTStang

Established Member
Well I guess I can see what I can do.

Is your gauge electric or mechanical? If it a mechanical I really question there being enough room around that dash area to have that gauge in there with a SS braded line going into it. That line has to be absoulty straight, not kinked or pinched anywhere to get an accurate bottle reading. I have mine mounted on the A-piller and it's mechanical.

For the sleeper look (being in the dash they are kinda hidden) go with the dash set up. But IMO having them on the A-piller makes them easier and safer to look at during a race. And they give the car that racey look from the outside. Watch out though if you put them on the A-piller they tend to draw attention especially at night and everyone trys to show off for you thinking their shit is better and try to race. But then you turn around and blow them away with the juice ;-)

And yes Fuel psi is always a good gauge to have with nitrous.

White Horse

Notch your normal Mustang
Established Member
Hey, we are doing good. He was born 8 OCT 03 at 1901. He was born about 6 weeks early. Came in at 4 pounds, 6 ounces. Finally got to bring him home this past Thursday. I have seen that gauge you are talking about. May have to invest in it. How many do we have this cycle?

:shrug:

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
74, 2 non-enroll (tattoo) and one no show from last month tried to sneek in but sent him home yesterday.

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
I would do a EGT or a Air/Fuel Ratio with the N2O gauge. That way you can tell if you're running too lean on the juice. Fuel pressure gauge will really do nothing for you if you don't have a adjustable pressure regulator to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread