nitrous bottle pressure

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
check the sticky at the top of the page from Sprayed Pony.....

"What's good bottle pressure?
-I believe that perfect bottle pressure is 1050psi, thats what i try and maintain, anything below 900 psi is getting too low, and above 1200 your solenoids will freeze"

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
countrysquire said:
Your gonna wanna heat it up to around 1500psi and spray it.

After you try that, read the sticky that poneypower quoted.

I read the sticky i guess i asked the wrong question. How much if at all will it help me to heat it up from 900 to 1000?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
think about it.

if you start at 900psi, its gonna drop way down after a gear or two. You want it to be pretty high, around 1100 or so before you spray, because its gonna drop a bunch throughout the pull.

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
quadcammer said:
think about it.

if you start at 900psi, its gonna drop way down after a gear or two. You want it to be pretty high, around 1100 or so before you spray, because its gonna drop a bunch throughout the pull.

and the dropping of nitrous pressure does what? lose hp?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
it reduces the "size" of the shot. If you have fuel for a 100 shot, and only end up with a 70 shot, its gonna be too rich, and you won't make as much power.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
think of the pressure in the nitrous line in terms of flow rate. The higher the psi, the more flow of nitrous to the motor, whereas the lower the psi, the lesser the flow causing less nitrous to get to the motor.

Also when the nitrous activates, the pressure in the bottle starts to drop immediately (like letting air out of a balloon). Good operating psi from what I have read is between 800-900 psi. If you start at 900 at the line, at the half track point the pressure will be way below 900, maybe even below 800, so now your just barely shooting the juice anymore. If you start at 1000-1100, your still getting that loss of pressure, but since the starting psi is high, you'll have a good mean (as in average) psi over the whole run.

Hows that sound?

Users who are viewing this thread