nitrous BIG SHOT 200+!!

4valvecoupe

Established Member
finally got my car ruuning it a 93 coupe with a 4v cobra motor .. mods i currently have are
2.76 pully
dragon TB/ k&n jlt tube? maybe
60# injectors return style a1000
long tubes
ice box with water pump for blower
car has a c4 & 9 inch rear

the car is set up stricly for track use .. i dont have the $$$ right now for a bigger blower so im gonna add some nitrous.. i have heard of guy around here spraying 225- 250 shot of nitrous on stock blower cars something about not having ported blower is good and stock bottom pully helps.. just wanna know what some of your guys thoughts are on using a 200+ shot

lets just say i have enough fuel whats the most spray. obiously i would be using race gas 112 116 something around there

FastNick01

Established Member
Im sure people have ran that big of a shot before but I personally don't think its a good idea running anything over 150shot.

If it were me I would do a 75shot.

A 75shot+2.76 pulley would be plenty fast for a light Fox coupe.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Not having a ported blower costs you hp before you spray. So spraying on top of that you just cost yourself more hp. That's my opinion on that but it sure won't hurt anything if you do it through a stock unported blower.

Car should handle that shot if it's done correctly and be a total handful. Maybe a progressive setup would work best to get the power to the ground?

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
I think a progressive setup is the only way to go on that route. A blower + 200+ shot would result in some stupid amount of TQ, and in a Fox, god damn! You would have to ramp that shot up as it goes.

FastNick01

Established Member

In my opinion 200+shot seems like alot of spray on top of boost. I guess if done correctly though it can be safe

Isn't spraying a 200shot through a blown car, amplify the shot to be a little more than a 200 though?

04svtsnke

Established Member
At least for the torque it is. I'd assume he'd be well over 700 ft/lbs of torque with the shot he's wanting to run....

4valvecoupe

Established Member
i want to do a two stage progressive.. say 100 shot out the gate then a 150 on top of that on a progressive & tune it according to my traction.. i was driving the car last night rolling at 50 mph i put it to the wood and layed out about 75 feet of black rubber im on 325/50/15 radials ... im sure once i get the nitrous set up right its gonna be a beast on the guns!! first time really out in the car gotta start adjusting the suspension ... car feels healthy gonna take it to the dyno on dec 8 with the first kit on it . my tunner says i might need another a1000 in the back with a Y block to supply all that extra fuel ... he said we might be able to push it to a 300 shot if im willing... well see how the day goes

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Just get it to hook first lol. Then add more power. I'm speaking as someone that added more power than got my car to hook also. I'm sure you know but it doesn't hurt to be reminded. Either way let us know how you end up doing.

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
screw it spray the house down, I say dual stage 300 (100/200) and run a good tire :)

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
In my opinion 200+shot seems like alot of spray on top of boost. I guess if done correctly though it can be safe

I thought you might have had some facts, data, or real world experience to support your comments.

I definitely agree with Brian (Posi) about the ported blower. Get a ported blower and put some thought into a dedicated fuel system and a progressive controller. Hit that thing with a 150 shot out of the hole and another 100shot well before the 330'. You're going to need a real tire for sure. Make sure the nitrous tune is spot on.

stanzione88

Established Member
nothing wrong about spraying a 200 shot, i ran a .072 jet for a while on a upper / lower car. make sure you port the blower before spraying that much. my tuner told me 2 things after we tuned the car:

1- good gas, dont mess around with 93 oct, i always ran 110 oct
2- replace spark plugs EVERY time you hit the track, this does not hurt and its good insurance considering plugs are a buck and change each. I ran 0.28 gap with TR6 NGK 4177.

let me know how it goes, i have a similar setup as yours in a 88 coupe but with a 2.3 whipple, just made my 5th pass and went 6.3 at 1/8 mile, car should go 6.0 once i get it dialed in and then im going to spray the house with a 125shot. these motors hold a lot with the right tuning, i remember a friend of mine with a bone stock motor, kenne bell at 21 psi spraying a 200 shot all day long without a problem.

good luck!! :rockon:

4valvecoupe

Established Member
quick little video
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Cq9TMRGts&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - Motor alone[/nomedia]

mustang john

Established Member
The big shots of nitrous on a 03-04 Cobras have been done but you never seem to see any track #s from the people who do, i have always guessed that not much track performance was gained over the typical 100-150 shot.

Last edited:

boostedoval

Established Member
Yes these motors love nitrous.... I went 140mph thru the traps on a stage 4 port upper pulley only on a .72 jet running straight 93 driving 4 hours round trip.

Users who are viewing this thread